Is it possible for my employer to find my personal futures account

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ChiTradeG, Jun 8, 2009.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

I agree! I also wouldn't risk the job by lying to your employer. The truth is the way to go. I believe indexer gave u good advice.

#11     Jun 8, 2009
  2. You can also trade things like Rydex, ProFunds and Direxxion, which give you up to 3 fold leverage

#12     Jun 8, 2009
  3. pismo10

pismo10

The extra time you put into trading put into your job and make the extra money that way. Forget trading.

#13     Jun 8, 2009
  4. You guys are missing the point.

If his company has half-a-fragging brain in its Legal and Compliance Department, he can't trade anything.

Get it? :confused:

It's all the same to them. He's at risk for trading using inside information regardless of the individual security, type of security or amount of leverage involved in the transaction.

#14     Jun 8, 2009
  5. r4Nd.m

r4Nd.m

As someone else mentioned, why not just trade an account in someone else's name. Say a close friend or a family member. That's probably how i'd go about it. However small, why risk it?

#15     Jun 8, 2009
  6. What a shame that "rules" and "futures" didn't rhyme...that would have been an awesome saying :p

#16     Jun 8, 2009
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Gary Chi? Is that you from Research? I want you in my office first thing in the morning!

#17     Jun 8, 2009
  8. But another job may not provide him with the inside information he gets from the current job.

The temptation comes from the inside information he gets now.

Man, you've got to find a way to make profit on it. Otherwise it is a waste of inside information.

#18     Jun 8, 2009
  9. many companies have policies against trading stock or options in that company. i have worked for such companies and it didn't stop me or co-workers from trading. we didn't have material information so it was not insider trading. worst case we would have been reprimand or fired... that is, assuming they ever find out. which they won't unless you open your mouth.

now if you're the type to tell everyone about your latest winning mega trade, maybe this isn't a wise decision.

#19     Jun 8, 2009
  10. It's pretty scary the amount of information these companies have on you when they want to ...

#20     Jun 8, 2009