Is It over For the U.S. - The Ecstasy of Empire

Discussion in 'Economics' started by rcj, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Personally, I believe the US has "gone too far Lefty".. past "the point of no return"... that is, we've given TOO MUCH TO TOO MANY to ever regain our individualistic, Constitutional, free-market incentives and freedoms.

We WILL go "Full Commie".. just like the former Soviet Union before its collapse... if for no other reason than the appeal of "free ice cream" is greater than the appeal of "free to accomplish (or fail) on your own.." The only question in my mind is how long it takes... :mad: :mad:

#21     Aug 23, 2010
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

I initially thought that the US was akin to a car on cruise control headed towards communism. However, I think I'm wrong. Looks like the US is traveling towards communism at jet speed.:eek:

#22     Aug 23, 2010
  3. End of the worlders would do well to visit the Lincoln Museum in Springfield, Il.

The headlines screamed that Lincoln was destroying the country.

I was around in 1982, Reagan was gonna doom us all!!

Some are blaming him for the bubble today.

But I had begun to follow the market when Alan Greenspan published irrational exuberance, and he was ignored.

When motivational gurus start talking about the markets, elders such as Livermore and Gann suggest that we begin looking for opportunity, as whatever move develops will be large. It might even be THE TRADE for some of us.

Good luck and Caveat Emptor:)

#23     Aug 23, 2010
  4. Correctamundo... the election of Obama kicked in the afterburner. :mad: :mad:

#24     Aug 23, 2010
  5. Yes, I suppose there are more Boomers who are Liberals than "other"... sadly. Stands to reason, however... the appeal of "free ice cream", you know. Unfortunately, most people are greedy and self-serving... they wouldn't like to think of themselves as "greedy at the expense of others", but they are. :mad: :mad:

#25     Aug 23, 2010
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

That was the preverbial final straw, no question.

I remember when the announcement was made that Odumba won, I thought, goodbye America.

That was confirmed when a black woman was interviewed on election night. She was crying saying, "now I don't have to worry about my mortgage, my bills. Oh this is so great!" I think there was a youtube clip of the interview.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

#26     Aug 23, 2010
  7. Why has this racist asshole not yet been banned and his posts deleted?

#27     Aug 23, 2010
  8. Oh yeah! I recently saw a story about a black woman who was standing naked on some small structure on a street corner... might have been something like a newspaper box... Anyway, she proclaimed she was going to continue to stand naked (wasn't appealing... big, fat, cellulite, ugly butt and thighs... ewww) "until she got her Obama cash"... the money she presumed she was going to get because she voted for Obama.

How does America survive that kind of crap??

#28     Aug 23, 2010
  9. But you're okay with this crap?

#29     Aug 23, 2010
  10. :D I love it, I still thank these types for the making of history. America voted decisively what road to take. Now these type are literally trying to undermine the Office of the Presidency.

The outcome will be the same as in 2008. They will win congress, overreach and guarantee Obama a second term, just as they did Clinton.

So I hope these racist keep spawning, it will play great on election day!!!:) :D :cool:

#30     Aug 23, 2010