Is it my imagination, or is there greater White House staff now more than ever?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Oct 1, 2010.

Is there greater turn over recently in Gov jobs?

1. Yes, it does appear so.

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No.

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I don't know.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't care.

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. nitro

nitro

The last two presidents seem to have had more staff turnover than I can ever recall.

Is this true? Is working for the government becoming that much more accountable?

2. BSAM

BSAM

Working for the government is a joke. Got an alarm clock? Great, you're good to go. Just show up on time and suck a little ass. You'll get a decent retirement with benefits.

Maybe there's more scrutiny though at the White House level.

3. Some people's conscience can take only so much...

4. nitro

nitro

Right, I am talking about these high level jobs. Seems like there is more turnover now smack in the middle of an administration than I can ever remember...

5. MKTrader

MKTrader

I think you should have mentioned "turnover" in your subject line. I had no idea what this thread was about...

6. nitro

nitro

I thought I did. Sorry...

7. BSAM

BSAM

You think Rahm Emanuel has a conscience??

8. I might add, people who were asked and refused to take a job. Can't recall the names now but at the begining of Obama's term there were a few.

I have the impression regarding Obama's comment "I know how to play ball" but no one wants to play with him.

9. Hello

Hello

I think that alot of the time when we think something is happening more then it used to alot of it has to do with the 24 hour news cycle created by the internet, you hear of everything happening now, and if you log onto a right or left leaning internet site you will literally get every single piece of dirt against the other party that is out there.

Before you had 3 channels and a couple newspapers you could read to find stuff and if it didnt hit any of those sources you, and everyone who lives close to you, probably would not hear about it.

Look at all the videos now of cops abusing their authority, i dont think cops today are anymore abusive they ever were, its just that now we have cameras on every single cellphone and a place where you can put up the videos of them being a dipshit.

The same can be said for corrupt politicians, odds are pretty good we wouldnt hear about half of them unless you live in the home state where the piolitician was from. You could also look at heinous crimes and it seems like there are more of them now, but i think more then anything certain stories just rise to the top through web traffic.

It could be that more people are leaving these administrations, and if that was true it would most likely be due to how bad both administrations are, but it could also be linked back to the fact that these guys read and hear all the negativity about their own administrations through the 24 hour news cycle. It could also be that we just hear more about it when it happens.

I think it has more to do with the dissemination of information today then anything. Today we hear of every big story, because of webtraffic, whereas before the internet you were relying on editors to select which stories were newsworthy and which werent.