Is it my graphics card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Technoob, Mar 18, 2010.

  1. Technoob


    I have two VeiwSonic VA2223wm and once in a great while the right screen will have little pixels that seem to just like go wacko up in the upper left general area. I would like to know it is probably just the cord, not the things that would cost me.
  2. Big AAPL

    Big AAPL

    It could be something as simple as a loose cord, or difficult like a graphics card or MOBO on its way out. The trick with these type of issues is to troubleshoot in a regimented way starting with the most obious and simplest of approaches.

    I would:

    Remove any RF devices from the immediate area of the monitor, such as cell phones, wireless router, etc. If that doen't work...

    Shutdown > Unplug the PC > Unplug monitor > Disconnect video cables from the graphics card > Open tower and reseat the video card and RAM modules > Clean the inside while it is open > Firmly reattach and visually inspect all cables > Power up and monitor the results. Once you have eliminated these possibilities, you know what the problem ISN'T should it happen again.

    Good luck with this.