Is it me or is the trend line on dow....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by simon1080, Jul 4, 2008.

1. acetrader

acetrader

When George Soros, who has made a lifetime career out of studying market bubbles, says there's a bubble in oil, it makes it tempting to look for a top. However, he ALSO said that he doesn't think the bubble will burst anytime soon, so even with the bubble perspective it's risky to try to call a top in oil!

#11     Jul 4, 2008
  2. Newsflash - all these postings about trendline speculation are WORTHLESS without a chart showing the DOW for the period discussed!!! :p

#12     Jul 4, 2008
  3. vikasd

vikasd

10402 looks like good support for now essentially giving up all the fall rally from 06.

#13     Jul 5, 2008
  4. heypa

heypa

To put things in perspective I would prefer to see the DOW 30 chart in constant dollars based upon real total inflation and not "core" inflation. Make it a log chart.
    Should be an eye opener for those holding mutual funds. Talk about real trends. Haven't seen such a chart. Just a poor old country boy rambling.

#14     Jul 5, 2008
  5. the price of oil should not be this high. I hate how markets are driven by "magic numbers" like 150 or 170 where speculators just assume its worth whatver it is until it reaches that number, and THEN people try to rationally figure out its monetary value.

#15     Jul 7, 2008