Is it me, or are there more pychologically deprived posters on ET

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ktmexc20, Mar 9, 2007.

1. I was just about to do that but I've got so many credits stored up with Satan it would be a shame to waste them now

#51     Mar 10, 2007
  2. <i>"I was just about to do that but I've got so many credits stored up with Satan it would be a shame to waste them now"</i>

<b>T28</b>, I like you and see a lot of potential goodness in you. That said, you sure make it tough on even your biggest supporters sometimes. Do you enjoy working real hard at turning people off?

Equal effort could be spent attracting people to share what you've given (core methods, power of positive thinking, etc) or repelling them from all your posts. It is a very polar world out there.

Your choice, all my best in whichever way you choose to interact with others. :D

#52     Mar 10, 2007
  3. I was thinking kind of the same way. All the links to the postive that you provided me and others yet so much negativity in your posts. Hard to figure.

#53     Mar 10, 2007
  4. Well there's the key... duality... nobody listens to a preacher... ahhh but the trickster archetype is another matter

I wouldn't trust anyone that didn't have a well developed dark aspect to their psyche

#54     Mar 10, 2007
  5. If you had studied in a western mystery school you would know there is a great emphasis put on being free... the only way to do this is to acknowledge and integrate the dark side... you may think being good is a noble goal... but it may surprise you to know that even that can be dangerous if carried too far... a quick example would be a pacifist who stands by and watches his family murdered rather than compromise his belief system

An occultist will nurture both sides, and walk a very thin line between the illusion of good and bad... good and bad are not 2 different things but merely the opposite poles of the same condition... the way hot and cold are opposite poles of the same thing... when does luke warm become cool along that very subjective line... who knows... why does love turn to hate so quickly? because it is the same thing

God lies in the space between a paradox and a pair of good legs

So never forget how much I love you all... nor how much I can't stand you

#55     Mar 10, 2007
  6. <i>"An occultist will nurture both sides, and walk a very thin line between the illusion of good and bad... good and bad are not 2 different things but merely the opposite poles of the same condition... the way hot and cold are opposite poles of the same thing... when does luke warm become cool along that very subjective line... who knows"</i>

I agree with that overall premise, but disagree with the result. Good can overcome bad in the same manner water can remain warm or cool... consistent, constant outside influence to maintain temperature where desired.

Warm or cool require equal amounts of outside influence (thoughts, choices, decisions, actions) to maintain the desired temperature. Sometimes it may require extra effort to hold the temps.

Call it temperature balance (emotional control) if you will. Our actions are a choice applied to motion, no different than the two taps on your kitchen sink. Pick one and pour :)

#56     Mar 10, 2007
  7. slacker

slacker

Austin, why not lecture Hershey? In a Spyder post last year, Spyder suggested Hershey tries to provoke discussion with his combative style. T28 and others are just trying to cooperate with Hershey's church membership drive!
    Yeah right. Why not lecture Hershey? Without T28 and a few others there would be even less reality on this site than there is today.

#57     Mar 10, 2007
  8. <i>"So never forget how much I love you all... nor how much I can't stand you"</i>

At your core, you are a very good person. That is pretty clear to see. Whether you opt to run hot or cold is strictly up to you. We love you either way, but find your choice of behavior tough to stand much too often.

In any event, keep up the good works!

#58     Mar 10, 2007
  9. Too black and white... the Buddha chose the middle way for a reason :)

#59     Mar 10, 2007
  10. lol. youre hopeless:)

#60     Mar 10, 2007