Is it me, or are there more pychologically deprived posters on ET

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ktmexc20, Mar 9, 2007.

1. timbo

timbo

bit, It's not that bad.

#41     Mar 9, 2007
  2. timbo

timbo

Yeah. That's the ticket.

Edit: Oklahoma, ....

#42     Mar 10, 2007
  3. timbo

timbo

Edit again. Where did chuck go?

#43     Mar 10, 2007
  4. yes... Hershey has much to answer for

#44     Mar 10, 2007
  5. Joab

Joab

Give it a rest , NOBODY listens to you !!!

#45     Mar 10, 2007
  6. Uh huh... that explains my 400+ thread Jesusboy

#46     Mar 10, 2007
  7. Joab

Joab

350 + of it was you talking to yourself.

We don't care what YOU think, you have no credibility in here at all.

Start a trading journal of your own and post some real winning trades and then "maybe" a person or two will give a damn.

BUT

We both know that ain't going to happen.

#47     Mar 10, 2007
  8. Perhaps Jesus will whisper in my ear and give me the trades

Speaking of credibility, tell me again how the earth is only 6000 years old Joab

#48     Mar 10, 2007
  9. Hello folks. I think I can put an observation or two forth here and so I shall. A year or so ago I stumbled into EliteTrading. At the time I had succeeded in investing for many, many years without feeling the need to talk back n forth with anyone. It was a very insular world.
    There were times in the past I have been screaming crazy taking down brokers left and right and could of really used the psychological section of ET. !

I have looked at RagingBull and Motley Fool and they are much worse that ET. What I can't stand are little snippets. If you have something to say> an argument to make, then do so. Make it! We don't need " yada dad is going to the moon. thoughts? "
    Or the ridiculous anger that can come about on Yahoo. I have found most importantly a few souls at ET who are like myself! Older (40's) smarter (we hope) burned before will be burned again, original thinkers, stock lovers.

I used to do everything in a dark hole now it's nice to see other people making mistakes and scoring victories without the ra ra pump, pump. The first person who caught my attention here a year ago and the reason why I have set up virtual camp here is DollarCostAverageMan. Cynical, analytical and a little bit deranged- a lot like myself except with a successful career behind him and tons of cash.
    I have enjoyed reading BuyLo very much and have made a mental connection with Topdown who I feel is closest to my mindset. Other names come to mind and I will finish this off as if it was a Oscar speech...

I would like to thank:

hitman4gk
    Shawnovision
    dwl603 12:00 AM
    ElCubano
    zdreg
    vjay
    dac8555
    hidethereal
    tommymoose
    traderyin
    runningman
    Self-researcher
    gohstrader
    Pathus
    brandon12
    Hydroblunt
    Guildenstern
    Hangingman
    CaptainObvious
    Nkhoi
    KJB3212
    Kaliman91
    S2007S
    bttweb
    Tank_abbott - I forgive you Tank!- It's only Chinese milk!
    Ginux
    ChaosNSX....

And many more I can't remember. Special shout out to ElectricSavant- my kind of guy! And welcome BioBottom. Truly if we were to assemble an all star investing team at ET and take on another forum it would be fun and interesting and with the nimble and eccentric minds we have> our picks will be most vertical and our " discussions " most enlightening. And of course we would KICK THEIR ASS.*
    > If there's another stock message board who wants to take EliteTrader on step up. I say we have a STOCK THROW DOWN with some sort of prize!

>And Doctor Market Barometer who I really like- you know who you are- stop taking swipes at the unexperienced traders here and WEED through the links-- you won't be disappointed.~ stoney

#49     Mar 10, 2007
  10. <i>"Uh huh... that explains my 400+ thread Jesusboy"

"Perhaps Jesus will whisper in my ear and give me the trades.
    Speaking of credibility, tell me again how the earth is only 6000 years old" </i>

<b>T28</b>, you could easily use your intelligence and quick wit in much more constructive fashion than acidic, sometimes savage personal attacks on others in retort.

You are a helluva lot smarter in reality than you sometimes demonstrate in here. It'd be nice to see much more of your good side and nil of the other side.

God Bless

I've been in this forum for mostly one year. Have also referred a significant number of people to this site, many of whom took two looks and left in disgust for reasons stated inside this thread.

If 60,000+ have passed thru the gates, why are only 600+ (1%) still logged in at any given time? Why are links to attachments in even the most highly-read forums only opened 200+ times in total?

Very small core group retained here in ET, relative to what it could be. Anyone wonder why? More importantly, does anyone really care?

#50     Mar 10, 2007