Is it me, or are there more pychologically deprived posters on ET

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ktmexc20, Mar 9, 2007.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

check with OC the OP of SPX Credit thread with over 12 Million viewers, he uses real money at least 1 car or more, otherwise it just all talk to him.

#21     Mar 9, 2007
  2. Joab

Joab

No offense but Baron made his bed and now he must sleep in it.

Et has become a little better lately but as long as the personal attacks keep happening in here I can tell you I for one will share nothing.

Why should I if only to be ridiculed about my personal life and stupidity?.

#22     Mar 9, 2007
  3. That is very true. A lot of people who left here said so for the same reason... It is why I stopped posting my trades in my journal as well.

#23     Mar 9, 2007
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

cheer up, folks, it's def just OP, ET is hosting some of the best threads ever. :p

#24     Mar 9, 2007
  5. I agree that ET is not the place it was a few years ago, but we may disagree why that is.

From what I gather, you are an adherent of the Jack Hershey method of trading. Personally, I am not. In the normal course, that shouldn't matter. It is the differences in opinion that make a market, after all. However, I have read some of Jack's posts. He basically shits and condescends on anyone who disagrees with his view of the market. He makes outlandish cartoon claims that he has yet to prove. Of course, he does not need to prove anything to anyone. However, the question then arises why does he feel compelled to make claims that he cannot, or chooses not, to validate? But I digress.

The point is that a number of Jack's adherents consider those who are of a different market faith as beneath them. Given Jack's intolerance of anything non-Jack, where does that leave you guys? Basically, you are left with talking about how great Jack is and asking, "What would Jack do?" For those of us who view Jack as the scientologist of trading, that does not leave much room for dialogue.

The development that I dislike more than anything else here at ET is the incessant posturing by some individuals. People who take themselves far too seriously and may not yet realize that they are full of...themselves. Please be assured that I do not refer to you. However, I do hope Jack is taking note.

#25     Mar 9, 2007
  6. Steve,

I must admit that I am surprised by your view. As you know, I am very impressed with your performance, which I had occasionally glanced at in the P&L thread in the past. I find it remarkable that you almost never have a losing day, and my hat is off to you. But here is my question. As I understand it, you trade upwards of 100 times a day across a number of securities. Where do you find the time to "annotate" charts amid all that activity?

#26     Mar 9, 2007
  7. hughb

hughb

:D I just moved my virtual office over here after finding this place by accident in a google search. I like this place, It's one of the first bookmarks I hit every day. This place has a wide variety of topics, a wide diversity of people and some good minds. Of course, all of the faults mentioned so far are true as well, but the good outweighs the bad.

Jack, and Jackalopes, are a dime a dozen. He's not taking money from the jackalopes, so no fraud is committed, and that's what's important. His faults can be pointed out and leave it at that with occasional reminders. It doesn't have to degenerate into a full scale nuclear foodfite. The community belongs to both the jackalopes and their detractors, that's the way it is.

Just a quick example of one of the things I like about this board, you can plug Humphrey Neill into the search and actually get results. Nobody anywhere discusses Humphrey Neill, but you can find it here on this board.

#27     Mar 9, 2007
  8. timbo

timbo

ET has become an interstate gas station.

#28     Mar 9, 2007
  9. Thank you Tdog, for showing how even dissentive points of view, can be presented respectfully and intelligently.

Totally off topic (please don't respond here, Tdog)... I can see how Jack can come across that way, to anyone who doesn't see, that there may be a need to consider an alternative context when interpretting his text. Generally speaking, sometimes people mislead themselves with narrow assumptions.. that the correct context is the most obvious context. Jack likes to play upon that misconceived notion, I'd argue.

#29     Mar 9, 2007
  10. This is why Baron is losing the grip on his creation and why ET is slipping...

#30     Mar 9, 2007