Is it me, or are there more pychologically deprived posters on ET

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ktmexc20, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Instead of bringing the level down with comments like that that just keep arguments going, focus on your trading or real discussions. That will keep chit chat to chit chat and leave the rest for trading discussions.

#11     Mar 9, 2007
  2. What would be nice is a way to show the new posts of just those users you've "subscribed to" (added as a buddy). I've added most of the professional/intelligent traders I've encountered on this board (a good number of whom post few & far in-between).

Unfortunately, the way the system is setup, you have to click on their name and then "search for all posts". There's no way of being alerted when any specific user posts. It would be a beneficial feature if under Your Account, you could see all of the latest posts of ET users you've added. Baron?

#12     Mar 9, 2007
  3. virgin

virgin

And that comes from a Jackaloper with more posts than trades :D
    Yeah, elitetrader is full of kids these days,

#13     Mar 9, 2007
  4. Keep your opinions to yourself, OC. I haven't seen anything intelligent posted by YOU. I, on the other hand, actually post novel trading ideas. (No matter that most of them are wrong.) Show me somebody else who attempts to code up Jack Shit. (Again, no matter that my objective is to debunk them.) I have been contributing quantified rule-based analytical foolishness here for years. With nuggets in them, even. Just ask Rahula.

#14     Mar 9, 2007
  5. virgin

virgin

You are right on target !

Acrary,Metooxx,.....all gone

guess, getting too popular brings down quality

#15     Mar 9, 2007
  6. My trades are posted in the long ass journal I had for almost two years here.

But I stopped it for the reasons you are proving. More people are interested in talking about useless stuff than having real discussions. Seriously I never attacked or said anything to you or Hypo yet you both got so defensive and immediately went to kiddie mode.

I have no argument with you so why start one with me for no reason.

I posted all my trades in real time and had open discussions on trading ideas which is what ET is about. But in the end it is not worth it here at ET.

#16     Mar 9, 2007
  7. Spydertraders Futures thread, I feel, is the best thread going right now. Some great stuff in there IMO.

#17     Mar 9, 2007
  8. virgin

virgin

Exactly, I would dare to say that the number of posts is inversely correlated to the quality of posts made by someone

#18     Mar 9, 2007
  9. Yes, that surely goes with out saying.

Unfortunately, detractors are sometimes persistent there as well.

#19     Mar 9, 2007
  10. You're lack of wealth proves there's no correlation between immense raw intellect and the random distribution of trading profits.

#20     Mar 9, 2007