Is it me or are Fridays really hard to trade?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by polpolik, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Friday afternoon is indeed unusually choppy. One reason is many large traders have left the market. Second, no new reports expected. Another reason is overseas markets are closing down for the weekend. Playing in dead markets is a good way to throw away money!

#11     Nov 4, 2006
  2. mark just did'nt know how to speculate in stocks.

#12     Nov 4, 2006
  3. LOL.

I think I've made the decision to leave Friday noons and onwards alone. I'll take my early weekends off from now on unless something exciting is going to happen.

Bit, trading the open is great if you're geared for that but I usually trade after 10:30 because the early action is too erratic for me and it seems to me that i have about a 50-50 chance of making or losing money the first hour.

#13     Nov 4, 2006
  4. yep, it can be very erratic but r/r is just unbeatable...i give u a hint: there are certain parameters that dictate what's gonna happen to stocks at the open. look for issues that are up 9-12% in premkt and attract a lot of interest [momo]..95% of those stocks will reach highs of 15-18% in the first 20min of tradin'. use a tight stop and if u see the stock begins to rise in premkt aready dont wait for the bell, just get in...u gonna bank several full% gains if u are patient and let your pos run. if u dont believe me, watch 'em for a few days or weeks and come back tell me if am right or wrong.

i just gave away gold here but i dont care since nobody actually take the care to see for 'emselves and take adavntage of it. ;p

#14     Nov 4, 2006
  5. mjh

mjh

what does r/r and [momo} stand for? Also, everytime I try to play that morning open gap I never get my order executed at a good price and the stock gaps up and away from my entry--any one have a suggestion???

Thanks all
    mjh

#15     Nov 4, 2006
  6. lmao, if u get in premkt on nyse stocks u get filled in between the spread [is there's one]. if its naz fills are immediate soon after the open. never had a prob other than on nyse..and u can get around it if u use ecns, that's why i said to get in premkt...if u wait for the open chances are u wont get a fill or have to chase the stock up, but that's only on nyse.

momo=momentum

r/r=risk/reward

#16     Nov 4, 2006