Is it me or are Fridays really hard to trade?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by polpolik, Nov 3, 2006.

1. I don't keep a running Stat but if I had to, I bet my Fridays are terrible compared to Mon - Thurs trading.

I should stop trading past Friday noons.

Frustrated as hell. :mad:

2. Don't get superstitious about trading....start keeping track and you'll see the facts, Fridays are fine (especially expiration Fridays).

Don

3. I guess I'm not trying to say it's anythign religious but could it be traders are getting ready to go home for the weekend so the market never seems to have any convictions (generally speaking).

oh, i dont know. probably just me trying :confused:

4. BSAM

BSAM

Mark Twain: “October. This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February."

(Hope this helps clear things up for you.)

5. yes i get trashed around on fridays, usually...lately i got a grip on meself tho and am ready for what to expect. today did well and will always e alert from now on. cant treat every day the same, that's what was killin' me.

6. Yes I am looking for ways to stop taking losses on slow Friday afternoons.

Readjustment of strategy is needed.

I think the biggest thing for me is that I lose concentration when things are slow...

7. Fortunately, the Traders Alamanac does keep these statistics. Monday, Tuesday and Weds are the days with the biggest increases in the DOW.

8. You could always sit on a tack.
    That should perk you up no end.

9. lol i remeber the first time i held positions over weekends from friday to monday. oh boy was i terrified.

:Dnot any more

10. stay flat the whole afternoon. have u noticed on what time frames the volume is more concentrated? it's all at the open, first 4-5 bars, volumes explodes there and for good reasons, it's the only moment where deep imbalances exist and statistically has been proven that openin' range trades are the most profitable among all time frames. after those few bars there's a dramatical drop in volume, infact it can go from several mlns shares exchangin' hands in minutes to a few thousands and stays that way for the whole session aside from the close where activity picks up a bit. after the first hour, couple max, it's all cpus fightin' each others for scrap, fuck it...r/r aint there.

#10     Nov 4, 2006