Is it luck or am I doing something right?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Fad, Aug 2, 2019.

1. %%
    Congrats on e trades.. /paper trades. NO sir, paper trading is not @ all like real trading/swing trading. NOR is monopoly money like a real ''REALTY'' deal, but every little bit helps...……………………..…………………………………………………………………………..Good question.

#31     Aug 4, 2019
    Fad likes this.
  2. Fad

Fad

Thank you GrowleyMonster for taking the time to provide this info. Some of it doesn't mean very much to me at the moment but I'm sure as read, trade and learn along the way I can refer back to this and use it to my advantage. :) Much appreciated sir.

#32     Aug 4, 2019
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Then bookmark it.

#33     Aug 4, 2019
  4. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

https://www.ig.com/uk/spread-betting-cfds-margin
    Check out this link. It explains the margin requirements for trading CFD's in the UK. This specific broker requires 5% margin on index funds for retail traders. So if you had a $5K account, you would only be able to purchase $100K worth of contracts at a time. You would be limited to purchasing 3 US30 contracts at a time instead of 260. So your profits would be significantly smaller.

I'm not familiar with margin requirements outside of the U.S. Other brokers may provide higher leverage.

#34     Aug 4, 2019
    Fad likes this.
  5. Fad

Fad

You've been too kind. Thank you.

#35     Aug 4, 2019
    LS1Z28 likes this.
  6. jl1575

jl1575

OK. CFD is completely different from E mini. So It makes sense that you can trade large size within your account.
    Good trading!

#36     Aug 4, 2019
    Fad likes this.
  7. padutrader

padutrader

I could tell you what to read....I read my first TA book in 1994......but started leveraged trading in 2004 and day trading in 2008.....
    as far as day trading is concerned I just recently became profitable by using one strategy....a swing trading strategy … so it is the most difficult, at least for me, though there may be some who have found it easy
    if you want to know please confirm....giving unsolicited advice here is acceptable but I do not want to make the effort .. unless requested
    and I would request you to ignore any member, no matter how senior they are, who make personal comments about any other member.....personally I report them...as I have done with the member who says 'I have dementia'.
    I wish you well : this is undoubtedly the most enjoyable of all activities as well as the most challenging.
    early success is the most dangerous ; in my first month of trading-delivery based stock trading- I made 90% in one month with NO LEVERAGE.that is amazing achievement...only to lose for the next year

#37     Aug 4, 2019
    Fad likes this.
  8. ironchef

ironchef

I respect them, there is no shame in admitting I am not as good as they are and feel inadequate because it is true. Since I am not trading against them, and this is an anonymous forum, why not let them know?

Understanding reality and work within my circle of competency is key to my success.

#38     Aug 4, 2019
  9. padutrader

padutrader

the only thing wrong with this...... is the forum name 'growly monster'......pretty friendly 'monster' would be about right

#39     Aug 4, 2019
  10. Fad

Fad

Thanks Padutrader.

As a seafarer I'm currently at sea and only trying to get a feel for the industry at the moment. When I'm back on dry land then the real hard work will begin and you'll probably find that I become more active on this forum including asking experienced traders like yourself more questions relative to my trading styles.

I've used message boards for all sorts of different interests over the years. You've got to learn to roll with the punches. Or take as good as you give.

Cheers, Fad

#40     Aug 5, 2019
    padutrader likes this.