Is it luck or am I doing something right?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Fad, Aug 2, 2019.

1. What happened to your thread? You were doing well. Got bored?

#11     Aug 3, 2019
  2. Fad

Fad

#12     Aug 3, 2019
  3. Fad

Fad

I'm sorry but I disagree. I would not have been drawn to it if it wasn't a bit exciting.

I guess some people participate for different reasons.

#13     Aug 3, 2019
  4. padutrader

padutrader

I got the impression everyone else was bored and had put me on ignore.....also i could not put my reasons for the trade so what was the point?

but I may be back though not posting live

#14     Aug 3, 2019
  5. Nah, I was subscribed.

#15     Aug 3, 2019
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

What ever works for you, makes my account fly then implode LOL

#16     Aug 3, 2019
  7. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

I looked over your trade log. One of your trades is for $6.85 million worth of contracts. I'm not familiar with the margin requirements outside of the U.S., but assuming you have a 5% margin requirement, you would need around $350K in your account to trade that much size. Your profits would be significantly smaller in a $5K account.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    #17     Aug 3, 2019
    jl1575 and padutrader like this.
  8. ironchef

ironchef

OK to disagree with me.

True, we trade for different reasons, some to make a living, others for the challenge. We constantly challenge some of the brightest minds in the world and try to pick their pockets.

How smart are they? Every time I read @destriero's posts, or @Kevin Schmit, or @sle, @Sig, @Robert Morse, @newwurldmn, @comagnum, @drcha .... I feel so inadequate. :banghead:

#18     Aug 3, 2019
  9. padutrader

padutrader

you get that rush in many things.....

but in anything to be successful you have to do the right things over and over again.....

and you should know what is right and that you can only know if you are successful over a period of time....

#19     Aug 4, 2019
  10. Fad

Fad

As I have said, I am a complete newbie. Haven't been trading for a year or 6 months, it's only been 6 weeks so I have no idea where you got that figure from. The demo account I am using only allows a maximum of $50k. I started with $5k because it is realistically what I would put into an account in a few years if I can begin to profit on a real money account.

#20     Aug 4, 2019