is it love or money ??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by marketsurfer, Jul 22, 2002.

1. skerbitz

skerbitz

If I could make money with a small account ... think of the damage I could do with an extra million a year :)

Now if you said a BILLION a year ... then I'd have to think about it a bit ...

Nah ...

then I would just think of how I what I could do trading a extra Billion a year :D

#11     Jul 23, 2002
  2. The money is a good way of keeping score (and buying yachts).

:cool:

#12     Jul 23, 2002
  3. Bono

Bono

Of course I would ... Just make me wealthy and I'll prove it :)

#13     Jul 23, 2002
  4. Nothing could ever make me quit the markets..

#14     Jul 23, 2002
  5. Fitz

Fitz

Assuming this is after taxes and that I would get this money every year regardless? If true

I would forget trading and get out and live life to the fullest. I would take my family and friends and travel around the world. There is so much out there that I want to do. Places that I would like to visit. I can't see squeezing that in on the weekends only. I sure would not be sitting here in this chair everyday trading day in and day out.

Trading is fun and all but I can think of plenty of things I would rather be doing during the day if I didn't have to think about the money aspect.

#15     Jul 23, 2002

6. is it true love???

If you were to be given $1,000,000 to quit trading, would you take the money or continue doing what you love???

I love my wife but for a $1,000,000 I would consider trading here in for a newer model....:D

#16     Jul 25, 2002

7. I'll pretend that was a serious question.
    $1,000,000 to quit trading? Not on your life man! What am I gonna do with a million? I've got my sights set a lot higher than that...

#17     Jul 25, 2002

8. I'll pretend that's a serious answer and take your word for it....

#18     Jul 25, 2002
  9. sabena

sabena

Trading for me is fun...

I just try to get more points in the S&P

with smaller drawdowns.

The day I feel I have reached 100 % of

my potential, I stop.

Then it is time for anothere challenge...

#19     Jul 25, 2002
  10. Publias

Publias Guest

If you are lucky Sabena the "100%" will move two miles away from you for every one mile you travel... At least that is what I hope for myself anyway... :)

PEACE and good trading,
    Publias

hey btw what ever happened to that Larry Williams thing???

#20     Jul 26, 2002