Is it legal for IB to do this? Considering pressing a charge...

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Bakinec, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Good luck kid. IB also requires you to have $100,000 in liquid net worth to trade options (or $50K of lnw with $45K of income). See jnbadger's rant. $100K to short a cash-covered put on a $3 stock!!!

#41     Jun 13, 2009
  2. james996

james996

Yes you can sue. There's no regulation that prevents you from doing what you want to do. This policy IB has seems to be implemented all on their own. Thus by holding themselves out to the public they are violating certain anti discrimination laws set forth on the Federal level.

#42     Jun 13, 2009
  3. What a load of crap.

You're clearly not a lawyer or someone who knows anything about labour law.

Why don't you make a promise to yourself to refrain from posting your misinformed opinions on public message boards?

EDIT: I see you've been around since 2007 and this is your first post? Too bad, your first one was a dud. Better luck next time.

#43     Jun 13, 2009
  4. 1 post suggests someone who has multiple ids and just dug up one of the old ones they invested in.

It would be funny if the OP was silly enough to waste their money with litigation though. Always good to make the lawyers richer.

#44     Jun 13, 2009
  5. I hope the OP does sue IB. The OP would learn a valuable lesson.

After a judge renders a summary judgement against the OP, do you think IB would ever allow the OP to open an account even if he/she were 21 years of age or older?

Would IB or any other broker want a trouble maker as a customer? IB has the right to just say NO.

#45     Jun 13, 2009
  6. Bakinec

Bakinec

I won't be suing them guys. I found other options brokers that offer rates just as good or better. For some stupid reason I never thought to search for other brokers other than IB, Ameritrade and TOS until now..

#46     Jun 15, 2009