is it justified for me to concern about broker reverse engineering my strategy?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by trend2009, Jun 30, 2020.

1. old coot

old coot

130% from mid March is not much of a trick.

#21     Jun 30, 2020
  2. zdreg

zdreg

Every system needs to be tweaked. The broker will be unable to perform the tweaks. Since the system is not fully automated plus it is unproven the broker won't bother.

#22     Jun 30, 2020
  3. xandman

xandman

Is this NET return after commissions?

#23     Jun 30, 2020
    Overnight likes this.
  4. you did not get the point. At any moment I have more than 100 positions to diversify and market neutral, not one position taking all account capital.

#24     Jun 30, 2020
  5. Yes

#25     Jun 30, 2020
  6. The system is more statistically significant because there are more trades.

#26     Jun 30, 2020
  7. Very true, but that statement is completely missing the point as several other folks have pointed out in this thread.

#27     Jun 30, 2020
  8. virtusa

virtusa

You did not tell that initially, so it is difficult to get the point if essential information is kept out.
    You just told that you did 10,000 trades. No mention about diversification or spreading capital over many positions.

#28     Jun 30, 2020
  9. There are essentially no real barriers to entry in trading. If the strategy is simple, it has been arbitraged away by the pursuit of millions of traders before you. That is simple logic.

"Some guy crashed the entire global markets with a very "simple" strategy." Who? Navinder Singh Sarao? He was convicted. Hardly an example of a succesful trader with a simple strategy.

#29     Jun 30, 2020
  10. Given a choice between a system that performed with 10K trades versus 100 trades over a 4 month period, I'd very likely prefer the former. However, I'm set up for high volume reporting and PDT and I can see where others might not be.

#30     Jun 30, 2020