Is it just me...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bungrider, Apr 25, 2003.

1. ...or does being a trader genuinely suck these days???

2. IHATEITILOVEITIHATEITILOVEIHATEITILOVEIHATEITILOVEITIHATEITILOVEITIHATEITILOVEIT........

3. If you're a perma-bull, it's gotta suck! :D :D :D

4. It's not just you. But trading does not genuinely suck these days.

Personally I'm up over 20% from yesterday, so . . .

5. If you have a good system and the discipline to keep it, you will survive in any market. I'm doing just fine myself.

6. yeah that's the way the past few weeks have been for me...

the thing that's totally fucking me is getting stopped out all the time...even if i'm "right" for like .20, the chop is stopping me constantly and my wins aren't big enough to pay for losers...

i feel like i'm trading better than ever before, but just getting totally fucked every which way....

7. Well then loosen your stops

8. what kind of stop losses r u using? point based or premise based? if point, switch to premise; definetelly the choice for this market. I trade the Spiders and the chop is f@#$ing huge, but the premise stop losses keep me in it enough to get to my profits most of the time, and the losses are relatively small.

9. My BIGGEST problem has been/continues to be over trading...its killing my profits....I need to hire a sumo wrestler to sit next to me and hold/ slap me everytime I break one of my rules....or I can get an electrician to hook up a 110volt shocker to my system and link it to a set of programmed rules somehow... :D

10. :D lol

tell me if u set that up, i will get it for some of my colleagues here!

#10     Apr 25, 2003