Is it just me? Trade entry remorse

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Jdesey, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Jdesey

Jdesey

It is like every trade I take , Immediately goes against me, yes a great percentage work out and I make money... but it still doesn't help when I enter and it is like the market says "oh that Jdesey guy is in, ok let's move the opposite direction"

like today, I had an awesome NQ short for net 23 points.... but of course right off the bat I think I went -4 points ....

I'm just saying

2. speedo

speedo

Markets do what they do. If you have a trade plan with a positive expectancy, simply take your signals and observe your rules.

3. Jdesey

Jdesey

yes yes.... that is why I do not sweat it... if I followed my rules and it is a good entry than no problemo...

4. JSOP

JSOP

You can try to see if you can improve your entry timing a bit but it's very limited as to how much you can improve there. Like @speedo said, the market just does what the market does. Trust me, it doesn't care about ANYBODY, not even Warren Buffet. When a trade is moving against you as soon as you have entered, EVERYBODY feels that way like they are being specifically targeted. This is where patience comes in.

5. Simples

Simples

If your trade doesn't go one tick against you during your trade, that means, either:
    1. your timing is so perfect, you got a perfect fill of however much liquidity you provided, then the markets gracefully respected your order and went along just in your direction from that moment onwards, never looking back.
    2. you're cutting your trades short and don't get meaningful returns for risk and time spent
    So which is it, and do you really need the markets to instantly agree with you??

I know the feeling, but we must face Reality.
    In Reality, for us to get a fill, markets must move against us. And cutting trades short won't make any trading worth it.

For every new moment, there's a chance of something new and totally unexpected (almost random) to happen.
    The moment you close the trade, it's become certain.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    maxxDovakin likes this.
  6. Handle123

Handle123

When I use to manually trade I average down, and now all automated, it still does. It not for most though. You have a set of rules and stick with them.

7. Jones75

Jones75

I feel your pain:banghead: as this has cost me big time in the past.
    My remedy was to cut back to one or two very liquid holdings at a time. This way it gave more flexibly to scale in and out, and at the appropriate time use options.
    I'm a fundamentals swing trader, and the above is IMHO.

8. People rely too much on technical analysis and past indicators -- and are basically closed and small-minded dimwits (no offense, that's just reality)

You should instead take a collective, philosophical, open-minded, dynamic approach, o_O to the market,

I could be more specific on what I mean -- But I don't think it would even matter that much...it's heavily discretionary, and dependent on the person,

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    rajesheck likes this.
  9. Unfortunately this is true. The market knows who you are, hates you, and is going to do whatever it takes to shake you out of a trade. Buy - it's the high of the day, Sell - it's the LOD.

At least, that's what it seems like sometimes! :D

johnnyrock and Jdesey like this.
  10. Jones75

Jones75

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

#10     Aug 10, 2017