Is it just me or is Sunday Overnight Grain Trading EASY?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by cszulc, Apr 20, 2008.

1. cszulc

cszulc

For the past few Sundays, all of my overnight electronic Wheat trades have been all successful, no losers, 24 winners, and 3 break-evens. It is very technical-based and it seems just screwing with the bids/asks makes the computer algos take your trades. I mainly scalp, and have found that $37.50 (3 tick) profits can be had within 6 seconds (happened to me tonight on ZW n8).

It probably won't remain this easy for long (and probably will have a big loser eventually) but does anyone else trade against the bots on Sundays?

2. ?.......you might be eating like a bird now and soon to be defecating like an elephant.

3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I trade the ag overnight session (as I am in Europe), as well as some other futures overnight session and the ag regular session.

One year ago, I was using some of the techniques you're describing and made most of my dough in the overnight session... Since ags have moved to globex, it's a little less lucrative( some trendy moves due to the vola, fewer prints...) and now I make a lot more in the regular session.

4. cszulc

cszulc

See the thing is, I'm not that great on other days during the week. I'm not able to trade during the regular session because of my full-time job, so I tried out trading from 6pm-7:30pm daily (most volume) and Sunday has been all winners and a few break-evens.

5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

It's perhaps because Sundays are the most illiquid and move the least.

I reread you initial post and I think in my case most of the prints I got when I add liquidity are not from the algos. Most are just random market orders from any random late night investor.