Is it just me, or does the Options forum on this site have the best posters?

Discussion in 'Options' started by mbradley, Feb 25, 2004.

1. It seems to me that the guys posting in the options arena here offer some of the best info on this site.

Guys jump in to help begginers and the pros debate subtelties. Even when folks RiskArb and Mav are going at each others throats, it is obvious that it is two guys that know what the hell they are talking about. And actually trade.

Definitely one of the best trading areas on the web.

2. agree and special thanks to all those poster who make that happen.

3. I agree. I've been hesitant about registering and posting, but I was more comfortable with the atmosphere in the options forum. I get the feeling I could ask the questions I have, and I'd have a pretty good chance at getting a straight-forward, honest answer.

4. palawan

palawan

I'm sorry but I'll have to disagree with the above sentence. Not just on this site, in my opinion.

I was on Motley Fool for a long time and there were some excellent Options traders there (ttm was my favorite), but the quality of posts there don't quite match-up with the ones from the people here. Maybe the Motley Fool posters just didn't wanna bother breaking down the intricacies of the option greeks, I don't know.

5. Pabst

Pabst

I'm pretty sure that Mav and Riskarb are the same person. Possibly Gekko.

6. This forum is pretty great whether you're a newbie or know a little about options and want to learn. It has always surprised me that none of the financial sites has sophisticated options columns. TradingMarkets has Tony Saliba but I doubt he writes it, and frankly I didn't find it all that great, either in terms of education or moneymaking.

Todd Harrison used to go through some options trades on RealMoney, but his commentary on his own site is pretty much useless.

7. LOL, thanx for the chuckle Pabst.

riskarb

8. Sahmi

Sahmi

9. Sahmi

Sahmi

Uuups...
    One more try:

Absolutely agree to that!

10. ===
    Ttm sounds like a well thought out name or nickname.

Raed an interesting article in TIME magazine years ago there is a $300 million industry helping businesses find a good name.

Wouldnt want to be arrogant about it;
    elitetrader & [ttm ] sounds like a better researched name than Motely Fool.:D

#10     Feb 27, 2004