Is it Important to surround yourself with alot of energy and successful traders?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jptrader62, Apr 10, 2007.

1. On a serious note, I always appreciate your input, and I truly believe that interaction with "reality based" traders and groups in essential to running a good business.

Don

#21     Apr 11, 2007
  2. The way I figure it if you are looking for some trading camaraderie and trading friends then join a forum like this one or ask some traders to join you for a brew after the market closes but when that market bell rings at 9:30am...

Im a solo act and dont want to hear anything from anyone.
    I will live and die by my own decisions and besides my ideas are too radical by many traders standards so I dont need the labels from others.
    My balance sheet will do all the talking in that department :)

#22     Apr 17, 2007
  3. jessie

jessie

For me it is a matter of personality and personal preference. When I was on the floor, and even upstairs at the CBOT, I was too distracted, and too prone to listening to other people's ideas, whether good or bad, that didn't fit well with my trading. I do much better alone for the trading day, and relying on my own systems and ideas. But, like I said, it's a matter of preference and what fits best for you. I know lots of other people who would hate the way I trade.
    Jessie

#23     Apr 17, 2007
  4. I agree. I just do research for one of our trading groups, but I see very distinct personalities with the traders. An overbearing type will actually seem to change the thinking of the entire group, but overall they work together pretty well.

c

#24     Apr 19, 2007