Is it hard for traders to get loans/credit?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by dv4632, Nov 9, 2012.

1. right now you have little chance......:mad:

#61     Jan 24, 2013
  2. That's true...as soon as you mention "work form home..." they auto think you are unemployed, skivvy, liar, criminal..Try it.

Definitley a snobbish attitude out there is the "corporate world"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    well now, getting a job is harder than getting a loan. Try telling them when they ask about your work history, "I just sit in my pajamas and stare at my computer" oh yeah, and I file as "Unemployed" (it raises fewer red flags)

#62     Jan 24, 2013

3. I would change that to ZERO chance without substantial collateral.

#63     Jan 24, 2013
  4. This is the one instance when having a wife with a job comes in handy. I'm also guessing it helps to use the same bank for everything. I just surprised my wife with a cx5 and I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to get the .9% financing since I just put homemaker down for employment. But they did it through chase which is who i do 90% of my banking and I was approved. I couldn't believe they were going to do this without even putting any money down if I didn't want to. But I know nothing about underwriting I'm sure they can find out anything they want without you putting it on the application.

#64     Jan 24, 2013
  5. If you can pay cash for the house you don't need a mortgage in the first place.:confused:

#65     Jan 25, 2013
  6. no doubt. smart. surf

#66     Jan 25, 2013
  7. I think it depends on the net result of your business, suppose if you drop a job and start a business and it gets successful then it will definitely give you more money than job. While if business is not going successful then job is better than it. I personally favor business because it gives you instant reward of your efforts.

#67     Aug 3, 2018
  8. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

Hello, SC,
    How nice to find your post 16 years later and to know you are still on ET!
    Does it change now in USA?
    I recently received an offer from UK in my mailbox, where it is offered mortgages for traders with three years track record.
    While we will certainly stay away from any loan, considering outcome of our adventure with UBS Bahamas, it would be nice to hear from you and others how the world changed.

#68     Aug 5, 2018
  9. Seems the mortgage world is back into, "Approve anyone who can fog a mirror. We'll make the fees up front and hang defaults on the tax payer."

#69     Aug 5, 2018
  10. %%
    And also be ready to sign an IRS form releasing your taxes to bank , not just your copy. Even though a community bank may accept your 3 years tax forms......:cool::cool:

#70     Aug 6, 2018