Is it getting harder?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by januson, Jun 6, 2011.

1. januson

januson

Hi dear fellow traders :)

I've been away for a couple of years, many things has happened in my life, family expansion, death, moving etc.

During the last month, I've wondered.... is the market getting tougher?
    Is't still the same race us against the algos or has the machines conquered everything leaving us as dumb money?

Us against the machines is of course a truism, I mean our algo experience against the multi million dollar-working 24 hours a day-to-create-the-best-algo :mad:

2. Bowgett

Bowgett

I don't see it as getting harder. Same ever changing market which requires constant adaptation.

3. NoDoji

NoDoji

I see price pattern setups result in predictable moves so consistently that I assumed it was algos making it so easy. A bunch of humans trading manually couldn't possibly create such reliable follow through.

4. it's been getting easier and easier.......machines are built to get inside people's head and now you do the same with the machines......don't get fooled by size and pressure.....just look at numbers...machines are very predictable.

5. Bowgett

Bowgett

Predictable, huh. Try to predict mine. Even I don't know what it is going to do tomorrow :D

6. bone

bone

Exceptionally well stated. Kudos.

7. You all are so full of shit! Hahaha! The only way to trade the markets is to have an understanding of monetary theory economics, and riding the large trends of monetary expansion. Trying to trade against hedge funds program trading is just dumb and gambling.

8. -The financial markets have been rallying and crashing since the 17th century when the dutch thought that tulips where worth something.

-There are more opportunities to make and lose money, and stock symbols have changed but human beings still react with fear and greed to events. As long as the human element is involved, you can make money trading.

-So, I don't think the market has changed much.

Read Jesse Livermore on stock trading

9. bone

bone

Plenty of hedge funds go bust every year. Look at the hedgeco and the Institutional Investor statistics. Last time I checked, I didn't get to choose my counterparty.

10. Paulson & Co. $9billion hedge fund down 6% for May 2011...they may be big and bad, but they are not that great.

#10     Jun 6, 2011