Is it easy to find a good trader job ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Frenchy, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Frenchy

Frenchy

Or do you must pass series 7 :confused:

2. mizer

mizer

Do you have 5k? If so your hired:D

3. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Yes, it is difficult. You need to know someone who can bring you in.

I do not consider putting down 5k to a prop firm a trader job.

4. dac8555

dac8555

must be sponsored for the 7 as well..by an NASD member firm. A GOOD trader job i thnk is VERY difficult. I consider good being a top firm with a solid base salary at a big firm. 1 opening for every 100 applicants i imagine. Top school, top contacts, top grades, top bloodline help a lot. or sometimes you just get lucky.

5. yes its easy:confused: whaaat?

6. TradeSA

TradeSA

I trade for a top 4 bank in my country and got the job out of pure opportunity exploited, didn't apply for it just told management i want to trade now on my own account (used to be a market risk manager) so i resign and they said "wait trade for us". i had no track record nothing. they appointed me as spot forex trader (NOT dealer) and there i went. just over a year now and havent yet proven beyond a reasonable doubt that i can be profitable consistantly but i am profitable at the moment. i am not performing at optimal yet due to psychological make-up but i'll get there. believe me its easier to trade mini accounts where every pip movement equals $1, imagine your first trade where every pip = $500, after trading my own mini account this huge account (in my opinion not in the bank's opinion) was major and i had to make a lot of mind adjustments.

so i think jobs are rare indeed and just sometimes it comes looking for you. however once you have a proven track record the sky is the limit!

7. Frenchy

Frenchy

Greattt !!
    Usa have a good mentality, show us what you can do the we give you a chance or goodbye.

Some prop trading want a deposit of 5000, do you think it is honest ?? can you make a living by trading with these firms (how percent ) ? or most of people lost and leave..

8. Frenchy,

Do they have horse races on France? You'd probably do better betting on the ponies!

9. Frenchy

Frenchy

why , you mean that trading is gambling ???

10. landboy

landboy

I wouldn't consider you lucky at all... It would be lucky if you came as a bumb off the street and said HI, can I have millions of shareholders money to invest in the spot market? You were already in the MIddle Office, so a bump up to the Front office isn't such a stretch... But again, there are MANY aspiring admin types who want to be on the management side...

Best of luck trading, it's hard to trade prop at a bank, at least you don't have to "sell" to the instituionals

#10     Nov 15, 2005