Is it easier to make consistent profits with forex than stocks?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by helpme_please, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

16 years on, still POOR, without Pattern Day Traders rule, likely quite well off like very, not good to hear at all :( very very sad sadly!! :(

#21     Jul 3, 2017
  2. RISKonFX

RISKonFX

And there's me reading that like you'd found a way to still make money by the bucket full!

Legislation is a nasty thing, we can't even compromise :(

#22     Jul 3, 2017
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

There was a lot of small time small account traders like myself, I had a Yahoo Group I ran, easy times, low hanging fruit, everyone was doing well that's why they stopped us :( everyone I know 25K+ uses the 4:1 margin and quickly falls sub 25K.

Method yes, Time or the will to commit to get pulled again, tricky!!

#23     Jul 4, 2017
  4. FX_Hedge

FX_Hedge

I trade Forex with "hedged grid" automated systems that I built. I would not be able to trade stocks with this style of strategy so Forex is by far the best market in my opinion. I can also scale up systems in Forex much easier than in stocks or futures.

#24     Jul 5, 2017
  5. doggyfx

doggyfx

Well, maybe you make a lucky pick of a broker because most of them avoid dealing with hedgers. Also not a case for Tickmill or Hotforex, tried swap arbitrage at both which includes position hedging.
    And IMO Forex provides much more opportunities for trading rather than stocks.

#25     Jul 8, 2017
  6. FX_Hedge

FX_Hedge

I don't trade "hedged" in same account. I trade in both directions in the same currency pairs through additional sub accounts and through using a mix of brokers.

#26     Jul 8, 2017
  7. Nothing is easy, we need to have lots and lots of knowledge and experience and certain skills to survive in Forex trading or in any other sector.

#27     Jul 15, 2017
  8. doggyfx

doggyfx

Ok you mean you "lock" the profit (loss) otherwise I don't see a reason to use this technique

#28     Jul 17, 2017
  9. rezo

rezo

God no, stocks is much easier. I would very much like to see the myfxbook of the people suggesting forex.

#29     Jul 19, 2017
    Noskcir and yiehom like this.
  10. ForexFunk

ForexFunk

The Forex market is definitely more compact than stocks. I think it is easier because there is a lot less going on. If you're comparing the 28ish major currency pairs with the massive amounts of stocks, it's less intimidating.

#30     Jul 21, 2017