Is it easier to make consistent profits with forex than stocks?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by helpme_please, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Xela

Xela

That's because you don't understand shorting, and you see stocks as having inferior trading potential because your perception of trading them is centered only on "buying opportunities"; the limitation you perceive is actually self-imposed, not market-imposed as you imagine.

#11     Jul 2, 2017
    wrbtrader and speedo like this.
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Well 2K+ account with Margin to short Stocks, then only $5+ stocks.

25K+ if you want to day trade via stocks.

Normal poor person with normal sub 2K account is better off with Forex, why I trade forex :(

#12     Jul 2, 2017
    Xela likes this.
  3. Xela

Xela

I hear ya' ...

(I'm no advocate for stock-tradng: I've never done a stock trade in my life. And I did start off on spot forex for exactly the same reason as you.)

#13     Jul 2, 2017
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

I started on stocks did well to pattern day trader rule ruined it, well short of 25k went options made/spent loads, then blew 6k over night on a gap up, spot fx since :(

#14     Jul 2, 2017
  5. im pretty sure the answer has been said, and simply to reinforce it I would say there is nothing easy about CONSTANTLY generating profits, maybe the easiest constant are loses. lol. but seriously thats the key actually find a constant method that generates profits no matter how small it is.

#15     Jul 2, 2017
  6. RISKonFX

RISKonFX

$10M - actually $10K ;)

Then again, according to KB2731 you're screwed as a US client. Myself being from the UK.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    #16     Jul 3, 2017
  7. comagnum

comagnum

For U.S IB customers you have to have a $10M account to trade leveraged FX. I am able to trade with them because I use risk mgmt I don't need any leverage.

#17     Jul 3, 2017
  8. RISKonFX

RISKonFX

All I can say is that I hope the UK don't follow the US in that regards.

#18     Jul 3, 2017
    USDJPY likes this.
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

UK Big followers of the USA, I better get making money soon before my window closes again, Pattern Day Trader rule cost me 3years of hard work, found out about it 2 weeks before it went live, kinda hard to get motivated after that. 16years on LOL

#19     Jul 3, 2017
    Joe6Pack likes this.
  10. RISKonFX

RISKonFX

16 years on, ha, good man! That's what I like to hear!

#20     Jul 3, 2017