Is it better to avoid Exotic currency pairs? Why?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by RobRoss, Feb 22, 2017.

Do you trade Exotic Currency Pairs?

1. Yes

36.4%
  2. No

63.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. You mean but is it - By knowing the Full Charting Ratio is the only way that you can succeed within the Forex Maze - I should know Bud.

#51     Mar 13, 2018
  2. tomorton

tomorton

You've got an advantage over me if you do that. Trading exotics long-term, with a stop-loss 2 ATR's from entry would cost me a big bite of the account. Shame though.

#52     Mar 13, 2018
  3. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

For the most part, yes trading exotics is a horrible idea, but within the classification of "exotic" there are pairs that trade a narrower spread than most of those. Those being Sgd and Hkd, these can definitely be traded on larger time frames. You still have to cover the commission of spread though and this can be a killer.

#53     Mar 13, 2018
  4. If problem centers around placing 2 many trades that are unreliable check out my comments at this site threads on EurUsd Or GBpusd Pair as of current reliability Price is produced at so much accuracy as in bang on the pip - You will find the Pairs have use the Support Levels as Allocated just fine - with targets and take profit marks surrounding the entire structor of the investment plan.

#54     Mar 13, 2018
  5. Bethany

Bethany

I avoid exotic pairs because trading is very expensive with these pairs.

#55     Aug 28, 2018
  6. IAlwaysWin

IAlwaysWin

Why don't we all just hold hands and be each others shadows. Does anyone think for themselves anymore?

#56     Aug 30, 2018
    comagnum likes this.
  7. pipeguy

pipeguy

EM markets now in squeeze - why not to take advantage of this guys. I don't care about spreads, just look on fundamentals. Fed QE - EM stock price bubble, credit growth, Fed QT - yes inflated emerging markets like Russia and Turkey have to explode. Their fiat is the known victim

#57     Aug 30, 2018
  8. Well there are some people who trade exotics and make good money off it. The main thing here is your knowledge and awareness about markets and economy. However, generally speaking most people will tell you to keep away from exotics because of the large spreads and thin liquidity. You'll need to scout real hard for information on such pairs in order to conduct your analysis.

#58     Aug 31, 2018
  9. mlawson71

mlawson71

There are people who trade each and every instrument out there, no matter how outlandish it may seem to other people. The question is whether the majority of traders should join them or not, I think.

#59     Aug 31, 2018
  10. pipeguy

pipeguy

Probably yes because then there will be more liquidity on the market, i.e. more favorable conditions for us to trade

#60     Sep 8, 2018
    mlawson71 likes this.