Is it better to avoid Exotic currency pairs? Why?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by RobRoss, Feb 22, 2017.

Do you trade Exotic Currency Pairs?

1. Yes

36.4%
  2. No

63.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. doggyfx

doggyfx

I afraid to try those pairs because of widening spreads and liquidity during openings and close. Still I sometimes open positions on USDRUB with Hotforex and it goes quite good.

#31     Jun 17, 2017
  2. Do you use pending orders?

Also, if you compare the size of the spread to how much the price moves, you can see USDMXN's "spread" is pretty similar to common pairs like GBPNZD.

#32     Jun 17, 2017
  3. bublu

bublu

I have noticed that why not trade those pairs which are good in volatility, liquidity and tight spreads.. i am pointing towards major pairs like EUR, USD, GBP, AUD, JPY etc

#33     Jun 17, 2017
  4. doggyfx

doggyfx

Yes sometimes I use pending orders but prefer manual execution during liquid london session. short on the pair bring some good profit in swaps, considering decent rate differential

#34     Jun 18, 2017
  5. i960

i960

Probably one of my best low-bullshit trades this year. Do people really think USDMXN is exotic? I can understand a cross like MXNJPY or something but the peso itself is liquid enough.

#35     Jun 18, 2017
  6. pipeguy

pipeguy

I love to catch political or economic turmoils of EM as a volatility lover. USDRUB and USDTRY provide great opportunity for that, glad that my Tickmill's spreads are relatively low to stay on profitable side.
    Widening spreads are really a problem especially during openings's and close can easily squeeze you out of the market if your stops are tight enough.

#36     Jun 20, 2017
  7. bublu

bublu

Good to see someone making profits on exotic pairs as well, goodluk too.. and do let us know when you switch back to majors! ;)

#37     Jun 24, 2017
  8. doggyfx

doggyfx

Yeah, thanks bro, hope you also concentrate your attention on certain trading instruments, because trying to embrace all pairs usually ends into account wipeout, since price action and technical analysis can not explain all price moves.

#38     Jun 26, 2017
  9. Esha.J

Esha.J

There are many traders who are trading exotic pairs of Forex but it does not mean that every time you will get the profit of your risk. Some are in the loss too.

#39     Jun 29, 2017
  10. bone

bone

I am NOT an FX trader in any way shape or form. I would just simply say that every time I have tried to trade a spread with spotty unreliable liquidity it was a shit show.

On the floor, traders used to call these trades "Roach Motels" (you can get in but you can't get out).

#40     Jun 30, 2017
    comagnum likes this.