Is it better to avoid Exotic currency pairs? Why?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by RobRoss, Feb 22, 2017.

Do you trade Exotic Currency Pairs?

1. Yes

36.4%
  2. No

63.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. On spot is spread wider. Look on BM&F Bovespa is USDBRL futures contract with daily average more than 300 thousand contracts a day with spread 1 tick. If i would have access through my brokerage i would trade this instrument.

#21     May 23, 2017
  2. panganp

panganp

Liquidity my friend, liquidity! Exotic currencies have wider spreads and are more easily manipulated. Coming from a London sales & trading background, I do state that manipulation does certainly take place. One should be extremely well informed to trade exotic pairs successfully.

#22     May 30, 2017
  3. Mohdfx

Mohdfx

After I tried trading non-majors, I only lost and lost. That's why I stopped it and continued watching EUR USD
    people say that I have to know the economical and political situations of the countries, but I tried to do it with naked technical analysis :D nonooo won't do it again

#23     May 31, 2017
  4. Esha.J

Esha.J

Yes, I do trade exotic pairs but sometimes, as I am new and I can not handle the high movement of them. So try my luck with them, but no too much.

#24     Jun 1, 2017
  5. doggyfx

doggyfx

Cuz its was purely improper approach. Could you tell me how you got understanding of fundamental concepts by using naked technical analysis? Its a nonsense.

#25     Jun 3, 2017
  6. bublu

bublu

Better to stick with majors especially EURUSD, for it is a popular pair and besides going to too many options (becoming jack of all trades) i prefer mastering in one single asset which is rewarding in my opinion.

#26     Jun 3, 2017
  7. Esha.J

Esha.J

It is always good to use your main pairs for trading but try new exotic pairs with demo experience is also a good idea to get good profit from the market.

#27     Jun 7, 2017
  8. bublu

bublu

Those exotic pairs have liquidity issues, higher spreads etc but better you still have options what to trade so best of luck..!

#28     Jun 11, 2017
  9. Esha.J

Esha.J

That is right, not everyone can handle the stress, so avoid it if it is not made for you.

#29     Jun 11, 2017
  10. It really depends on your strategy.

I've never traded exotics but pulling up a USDMXN and USDTRY for example and scrolling back in chart history, my strategy would have worked just as well.

This week, I'll be adding those pairs to the mix.

#30     Jun 16, 2017