Is it better to avoid Exotic currency pairs? Why?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by RobRoss, Feb 22, 2017.

Do you trade Exotic Currency Pairs?

1. Yes

36.4%
  2. No

63.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. You'd better avoid trading exotic pairs if don't have rich trading experience behind your back and if you don't know anything about the economy of the countries which these currencies represent.
    The major obstacle, from my perspective, is low liquidity. What does it mean for traders? Well, you'll have lots of slippages and high occasional volatility. Surely, volatility is good for traders because it is actually the only way he/she can make money on trading forex. However, if the volatility takes place and the trader wasn't prepared for it, he is sure to lose lots of money, especially if he doesn't follow the principles of money and risk management. So, nobody prohibits you trading Brazilian reals or Turkish liras, but you need to be prepared to all the risks associated with such currencies.

#151     Sep 20, 2021
  2. jocrape

jocrape

Isn’t it a nice opportunity to earn huge profits? Exotic pairs are highly volatile and can give you high rewards that you won’t otherwise get through trading major pairs. I won’t suggest trading exotic pairs heavily but it isn’t good either to avoid them completely.

#152     Sep 22, 2021
  3. Ideally, it is a good idea to try out exotic pairs to see how it works out for your trading. If it is too volatile, you would either try it out or step back.

#153     Sep 28, 2021
  4. I prefer to avoid exotic pairs as they are highly volatile and less predictable. Trading is already risky and I don't want to make it more riskier.

#154     Oct 1, 2021
  5. kroxobor

kroxobor

Exotic pairs are better for medium-term trading they are more predictable if you have good grasp on idiosyncratic factors that affect them

#155     Oct 2, 2021
  6. Chuckle

Chuckle

But we must not forget that working with such couples is to expose yourself to certain risks, especially if you have little experience.

#156     Oct 4, 2021
  7. Exotic pairs are very volatile but they are super good in providing opportunities for profit if done right.

#157     Oct 5, 2021
  8. koczeau

koczeau

@kroxobor I really don't find it a worthy trade to be honest . Why would I trade on exotic pairs when the spreads are so high and the liquidity is comparatively low.

#158     Oct 7, 2021
  9. noframe

noframe

Exactly!
    Volatility is pretty high on exotic pairs which increases the risk of trading. Because of this huge uncertainty factor traders avoid these pairs.

#159     Oct 7, 2021
  10. Vettel5

Vettel5

If you are a beginner in forex, I suggest avoiding such pairs since it is risky to trade. They have lower liquidity and volume, and finding a suitable strategy is difficult.

#160     Nov 3, 2021
    Raheel Shaikh likes this.