Is it a good idea to trade on Percoset?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by huh, Mar 6, 2008.

1. huh

huh

Damn figures that we might be heading into a whale of a volatile day tomorrow and I've got a surgery in the morning. I'll be taking medication like percoset or something so should I even try to trade afterwards? I've never taken the stuff before and have heard it makes you "zombified" so not sure if that's a good idea to try and trade a fast moving volatile market.....

Anybody had experience with this medication?

2. Percocet is weak, I took one for a migraine once and it didn't bother me at all.

YMMV.

But at a rational dose it shouldn knock you out or mess with you, most people remain fully functional on it from my experience.

3. huh

huh

True maybe I'll see what the morning looks like. I'm leaving at 10 so may just call it a day after that. Not sure if my head can handle the quick calculations I may need to make!

4. huh

huh

Well seeing as how a benadryl knocks me on my butt I dont think I can handle percocet...

5. Yeah only you would know for sure. Don't risk it if you don't feel safe about it.

6. I'm just coming off a bout of food poisoning and let me tell you, trading while sick (or after surgery) is not a good idea.

I've only had the strength to watch my strategies play-out in the financial and notes e-minis while drinking plenty of water and bashing a wannabe vendor (and his supporters) in their skulls ... but let me tell you, it's been one of the my best weeks ever! :p

So just sit back and watch, who knows, you might discover something new, and good luck with the surgery!

7. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

My two trading partners - Jack Daniels and Jim Beam - say to just get hammered before a big trading day. --> "60% of the time it works everytime!" :D

8. I would try to offset your position with some coffee, that or meth...Try to get as close to a delta neutral as possible.

9. One drink = getting drunk?? What are you, a 12 year old girl?

For someone who talks so tough, Im surprised you are such a wuss when it comes to booze.

#10     Mar 7, 2008