Is it a Boom or Inflation, Meltup

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Wallet, May 16, 2010.

1. Wallet

Wallet

2. Rimping

Rimping

Too long. Can you say it in your own words?

3. What is surprising is how many hits this video has... 125,000.

4. At first I thought it was a good piece of work but then I caught a few stupid comments that made me suspect of a lot of the other "facts" that they presented.

For example, good suit in 1970 was $35.00 and federal employees salaries should be capped at 7.50/ hour.:D

5. maxpi

maxpi

Uhhh, yeah, Gerald Celente, a real heavyweight...

6. Shouldn't Calente, in all of his infinite, trend-forecasting wisdom, know that the scarf trend is sooooo dead?

7. Thanks for the link. Good video.

8. I dont know about a "good" suit, but you could definately buy a suit for around $35 in 1970.

http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/70sclothes.html

9. trendy

trendy

Interesting, yet depressing video. Apparently no one in production bothered to proof it though. 36.40 minutes, they start talking and showing the graphic of how it would take $100,000,000 at BOA, JPM, C, WFC for a retiree to earn $50,000/yr. in retirement interest income. Say what? I know interest offerings at these banks are low, but I kinda think they are offering something a little better than .0005% interest. They most likely meant to say $1,000,000 and not $100,000,000. That number was just so huge I instantly said NFW! Also kinda thought they were touting the purchase of silver a little too much. I have to wonder about their unspoken agenda. Still, worth watching if you have a decent nest egg and don't mind not sleeping well at night.

10. logikos

logikos

I had an AWESOME leisure suit in the mid-70's for that much. Wore it out at the disco! :p

#10     May 16, 2010