Is it a bad time to buy NFLX?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by RGLD, Sep 15, 2020.

1. wwhy would that even matter? completely different audience

#11     Sep 16, 2020
  2. RGLD

RGLD

They are both streaming services, for you to think people won't switch over to Disney+ from Netflix is ignorant. That's like saying Apple can't lose market share to Samsung in any circumstances.

If you knew what I meant in my first post, I did state that 1 show will probably not hurt the stock. As a trader we're always looking into the future correct? That's why I asked for everyone's opinion if this thing is going to blow up into something else. Plenty of declines start from nothing, than a lawsuit happens, than it snowballs into something else until there is nothing but bad news in the entire industry.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    #12     Sep 16, 2020
  3. Bugsy

Bugsy

IIRC as soon as Disney+ announced their coming streaming service Netflix stock had a substantial loss due to the announcement.

Disney+, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and a barrage of other streaming services are all competition. I'd say Netflix is definitely the proverbial Google of the bunch though. They have a diverse enough selection. Look at Netflix Marvel vs Disney Marvel. I'd prefer programming geared toward adults and not dumber down so kids can watch everything on the streaming service. Netflix has content geared toward both, Disney may have programming that is mature enough adults will enjoy it, but none of it is mature enough that kids cant enjoy it.

Amazon is a close 2nd to Netflix imo. I believe they will be a huge force in the coming years, especially if a prime membership gets you both the streaming library AND shipping speed on Amazon products...and the perks dont end there.

#13     Sep 16, 2020
  4. RGLD

RGLD

What's your opinion on Streaming services as a whole compared to the entire market? Do you think that's the technology the market will pay a premium for? AI is highly valued as well.

#14     Sep 16, 2020
  5. Bugsy

Bugsy

Are you referring to streaming in general, like as far as consumer preference on cable, satellite, or streaming for the future of entertainment? Or are you referring to the streaming companies and who will win with Netflix, Anazon, Disney+ etc?

#15     Sep 16, 2020
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

One of your better posts, albeit I enjoy them all.

This one however is spot on. And I have zero opinion on the stock atm.

#16     Sep 16, 2020
    S2007S likes this.
  7. Sure. But there is still better plays out there. And even if they do well - it is a risky investment due to their bond rating. I bought aapl puts, what did you do with your money yesterday?

#17     Sep 17, 2020
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Thanks for the approval :D

#18     Sep 17, 2020
  9. If you only buy a share a day, its the perfect time to buy.

#19     Sep 18, 2020
  10. RGLD

RGLD

#20     Oct 6, 2020