Is it a bad time to buy NFLX?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by RGLD, Sep 15, 2020.

1. RGLD

RGLD

If you haven't heard, look up cuties. I don't think one show can hurt the stock, but do you think this controversy might explode into a lawsuit or something bigger?

2. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

I know for sure it is a good time to watch NFLX.

3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Only had 6weeks into the feardemic and watched quite a few series front to back since, Cobra Ki currently and Da Boys on Amzn.

Bugsy and CALLumbus like this.
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Stopppp.... Do you honestly think some people signing a petition and some controversy about some netflix show is going to have that many millions and millions of people canceling Haha.. Im not bullish on Netflix, but damn this is just foolish. Even if there is a lawsuit it won't make any difference. Netflix is NOT going to have millions of accounts lost over this petty nonsense, in fact even if people do cancel they will probably sign back up after realizing they can't watch stranger things.

5. such a mess, can't think of more "nonsense" thing than this

6. RGLD

RGLD

https://variety.com/2020/digital/ne...tflix-cancellations-record-levels-1234769354/

Cancellations already started.

7. S2007S

S2007S

And....this will be news for a week and then forgotten about. As you can see the stock is up to almost $500 today without a worry in the world.
    Now if the stock collapsed $117 the day this news was released and continued to fall day after day with downgrades and the ceo having to make a statement then maybe i would say we are onto something, I would think uh ohhh here we go, but as you can see netflix is still shining very fu$king bright.

Remember when google. Apple Facebook and Amazon were getting "grilled" in front of congress some weeks back???? All the negative headlines and news and how dirty they play and yet nothing happened to any of these stocks. In fact each and every one of them went to historical highs....Don't you see that nothing matters anymore.

So what if there are "record level cancelations going on. Record level compared to last month. Ohhhh. Wake me up when they are losing a million subs a week until then this news is just nonsense.

vanzandt likes this.
  8. Bugsy

Bugsy

With the array of streaming networks to choose from and the cancel culture in society its certainly possible, but not long term imo.

9. Id not buy Netflix for 2 reasons: 1. There are better opportunities out there, 2. The stock is a gamble. They own the US streaming market literally, they can not gain much more, but lose alot customers. And they will lose some important shows too, are producing own shows for a tremendous amount of (debt) money. Nobody knows for sure if this pays put and the company can stay afloat on it. Their Bonds are rated junk for a reason.

10. RGLD

RGLD

What is their market share compared to Disney+?

#10     Sep 16, 2020