Is Israel preparing to strike Iran?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Why, is there a reunion of House of Windsor exiles that I'm unaware of?

#11     Feb 25, 2007
  2. WAKE-UP

WAKE-UP

Israel is an apertheid state, in which fuctions a democratic apparatus. It's more comparable to democracy in Rhodesia and in Ancient greece, the latter only allowing men to vote, where Israel only allows Jews to do so.

Dreaded Russian and Polish Zionists only became interested in the mideast after it was discovered the world's oils supplies sat there. Suddenly they rediscovered their birth right, slithered out of Russia and Poland, and infested Palestine.

They dug up the bible they had written to hypnotize the Goyim, and used the Hokas Pokas of the holy land birthright, as credentials.

In their effort to take control of Palestine from the British, the Zionists waged a campaign of relentless terror, including the bombing of the King David Hotel, which killed 93 people. They ruthlessly murdered British officials and soldiers. The Zionists assassinated anyone in their way, including the world-respected U.N. mediator, Count Folke Bernadotte, who dared to tell the world of the Zionist terror and murder campaign. A favorite tactic of the Irgun and Stern terrorist gangs was to kidnap British soldiers and slowly torture them to death. Israel was also the first nation to employ the modern terrorist technique of the letter bomb; and over the years sent out hundreds of them, killing dozens of their enemies and many bystanders all over the world. The current terrorism of mailing anthrax infected letters is simply a logical stepchild of the letter bomb.

Israel, instead of being a place that exports apples and oranges, is a parasitic state sucking up the wealth of western nations under the "holocaust" umbrella.

The Palestinians, of course, have been the greatest victims of this half a century of Israeli terror. In fact, Israel carved its state out of Palestine through a deliberate policy of mass terror against the Palestinians. It was the method by which they drove 800,000 of them from their homes, businesses and farms. In his book The Revolt10, former Prime Minister, Menachem Begin, boasts about his role in the massacre of the 254 Palestinians at Deir Yassin. (Most of the victims were elderly men, women and children who remained in the Israeli-occupied village) In his book, Begin points out that Deir Yassin and other massacres caused panic among the residents, causing them to flee in terror from their homes. This intentional mass terror enabled the Zionists to take control of Palestine. And, it should be noted that the refugees are still not permitted to return home after more than half a century!

#12     Feb 25, 2007
  3. JAMES CARTER, FMR. PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: "...Israel is a wonderful democracy with freedom of speech and equality of treatment under the law between Arab Israelis and Jewish Israelis..."
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0612/13/ltm.03.html

#13     Feb 25, 2007
  4. DD..

Israel is indeed a democracy and I believe the Israeli Arabs have the right to vote too. I think I heard on NPR a few days ago of an Arab being elected to the Israeli cabinet.

The only thing I don't like in the Arab/Israeli deal is the enormous amount of aid that US gives Israel. I don't think we should be giving a wealthy country that much of handouts.

#14     Feb 25, 2007
  5. Maji, you are absolutely correct and Israeli arabs do indeed vote, they have several (I believe five) Israeli Arab political parties that sit in the Israeli Knesset and Israel recently approved the first Muslim and Arab Cabinet Minister in its history.

The situation with the aid to Israel is a little more complicated though. First of all the aid to Israel is about 2.5-2.6 billion dollars a year, this is not pocket change but it's not an enormous amount either IMHO. The aid was originally pledged to Israel and Egypt as part of the Camp David Accords, ironically it was pledged by Carter's administration. Quite a lot of people keep complaining about our aid to Israel but they never complain about approximately the same amount of aid to Egypt and Jordan. The point is though we pledged the money, it was part of the deal, we can't just say forget it.

More importantly IMO, Israel is the regional superpower and our aid (together with political support of course) is the only leverage we have with them, we stop the aid, we completely lose the ability to affect events on the ground, we lose any possibility to ever influence Israel's policies and actions. And regardless of what a bunch of idiots and conspiracy freaks believe - our restraining influence on Israel is extremely important.

Besides Israel spends the money on American weaponry, in essence most of the money comes back to this country. Israel does not have to buy expensive laser-guided american bombs, it might as well buy cheap russian or chinese conventional bombs and likely save more than what we give them. But next time Israel's trying to take out Hezbollah's headquarters in Beirut it may end up destroying not just one building but several residential blocks with those cheap chinese bombs. Do we really want that to happen?

#15     Feb 25, 2007
  6. ddd,

I am not sure if Israel has kept all promises made in that accord. If they did not, then we don't have to keep ours. Egypt and Jordan are very poor countries and I am all for helping the poor and not giving handouts to the rich.

As for our leverage over Israel, it is of no use. It appears that Israel has more leverage on the US :)

I think if the US stops supporting Israel, then the Chinese and the Russians will sell weapons to both sides. With the oil money, I think the Arabs and Persians will be in much better position to protect themselves from aggression. I think the US are more interested in protecting the Jewish interests, due to the enormous financial influence here, than really being interested in protecting the Arabs from Israeli aggression.

In summary, we should stop supporting Israel and also not take sides with the Arabs. However, if Israel attacks any other country without just cause, then we should work with UN to send an army to protect that country, just the way did to liberate kuwait from saddam.

#16     Feb 25, 2007
  7. Ohhh, so if you are going to use an appeal to authority with a Carter quote, then everything Carter says about Israel must also be true...

http://www.google.com/search?num=10...sult&cd=1&q=jimmy+carter+slams+israel&spell=1

#17     Feb 26, 2007
  8. .

Tradernik: Why, is there a reunion of House of Windsor exiles that I'm unaware of?

February 26, 2007

SouthAmerica: Reply to Tradernik

No – Sorry to disappoint you about your personal wish.

But I can do better than that – on Thursday I am going to meet a former president of Brazil in New York City, and I can arrange for you to meet him as well if you are interested.

It is that simple.

#18     Feb 26, 2007
  9. There will be wars, and rumors of wars.

Jesus

#19     Feb 26, 2007
  10. WAKE-UP

WAKE-UP

A few years ago, the UN Conference on Racism labeled Israel an "Apartheid state," also signaled growing disapproval of Israel. Then, suddenly, the attack on the World Trade Center changed the world's mood back to Israel's favor. Was this just a fortunate coincidence for Israel?

Israel is a terrorist state that practices collonialism in Syria and occupied territories in the West Bank. They refused to obey to dozens of UN resolutions and nobody complains.

"Throughout the West Bank ... settlers are given preferential treatment over Palestinians in terms of movement"

- John Dugard
    UN human rights envoy

Some small scale terrorism committed by IDF and settlers:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cYKP4DQPzio"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cYKP4DQPzio" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3jDVXrXkKUg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3jDVXrXkKUg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BEKKpiegnwk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BEKKpiegnwk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#20     Feb 26, 2007