Is interactive brokers ever going to fix the intraday VWAP indicator?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by El_Cubano, Aug 28, 2019.

1. ew0879

ew0879

I never observed a 20 period moving average being different between two charts of same symbol and same time frame.

#51     Jan 4, 2020
  2. This is the problem with TWS. The charts have so many bugs. You end up doing what is in the above quote ten times before it actually draws the instrument data!

Then the charts fail to accurately draw the basic indicators that are included in the software, especially when you try to chart spreads!

In TWS, they are called "virtual securities" and if you are charting a spread of course you need to have some kind of indicator on it! It's a total train wreck. It's really quite shocking that a listed Broker Dealer FCM valued in the billions maintains software with glaring flaws like that.

The charts are a liability. Not completely useless, but oh man, wow they are bad.

#52     Jan 4, 2020
  3. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

The charts in TWS are definitely broken and have some drawing/calculation issues. I contacted support about a separate issue with trend lines not lining up between different time framed charts. And was essentially told its a known issue. We have no plans on fixing it right now. Tough luck. Go use an older version of TWS.

This was the full response

"There is an ongoing issue where the trend lines on charts are misaligned and penetrating the candles on changing the time frames in TWS Latest and TWS Beta version. As the charts are provided free of charge, and based on the fact that the issue does not occur on Stable version of TWS, this will not be a priority to fix. I recommend using the Stable version at this point."

I wanted to yell at him saying what are you talking about free of charge? We pay data fees and commissions. That's what pays for the platform. I guess since we don't have a specific platform fee we're just supposed to settle for bugs.

It's just confusing. You'll have one issue and they say go use the STABLE version.... But then there will be an issue or something missing there then they'll say go use the LATEST version and they'll be an issue there. Then say go back to STABLE... then "maybe you should try BETA version which is a giant mess most of the time.

I just don't understand what's so complicated that IB is way behind the curve. It's not like charting and drawing lines and graphs on a screen is some advanced area of mathematics or programming that's pushing the envelope of technology. When there are fee web based charting solutions that are a hundred times better then something is wrong

#53     Jan 4, 2020
    Real Money likes this.
  4. gaz0001

gaz0001

VWAP is still broken even today.

Its unbelievable.

I've been complaining over chat and complaints department since March.
    Can you help me out fellow TWS traders? Please pop a formal complaint over to IB. It only takes 2 minutes.

#54     Oct 24, 2020
  5. ZBZB

ZBZB

email ibmgmt at interactivebrokers.com That is for complaints that need to go high up.

#55     Oct 24, 2020
  6. jem

jem

I lost confidence in what I was seeing. Last week I opened up charting in medved quote tracker using ibquotes. It was like a vacation. I started to trust what I was seeing. Very big difference in my core. Can't really put it in words. Accept this. Pro tennis players need perfectly strung rackets...well installed grips, the same socks...etc. could they still win...yes. but we don't want our equipment bothering us while we are competing. Our charts are our equipment.

#56     Oct 24, 2020
  7. gaz0001

gaz0001

So, you used MedVed with your IB Data?

#57     Oct 24, 2020
  8. jem

jem

I don't want to put down Ib because I like its all in one account set up.

but the thing was when I had that realization...I funded a tradestation account. I have used tradestation for charts on and off for years. I was just ready for easy. Tradestation is easy for me because I am experienced with it.

So I used Medvedev for the es. Made some nice trades because I knew precisely where my entry was....but that trust made me realize its time to switch.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    #58     Oct 24, 2020