is intelligence divine intervention second part

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by morganist, Jan 22, 2010.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

how come it is so uniform that certain music makes people feel a certain way. for example so are sombre others are happy. listening to that music can change your perspective of something and your actions is that mood as a result of divine control or simply something else. either way it is worth thinking about.

#11     Jan 22, 2010

2. What happens when you love the song, but someone keep playing that song over again ? If you are in the house with your brother and he keep playing the song 20 times. So you can hear something that is the very happy song, but after 20 times it does not sound good anymore. Why?

#12     Jan 22, 2010
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

ok

let us look at it again another way.

you see someone hitting the piano and it sounds terrible. you see another person playing the piano pleasantly. why does one order of notes sound bad and the other good. why do certain sounds affect us emotionally and is that emotional reaction to those sounds there for a purpose. if so is that purpose to give pleasure, invoke reaction for a purpose such as gods will or is there nothing to it at all. either way music and the reaction to music whether emotional or through pleasure has provided influence in human progress. is this progress a guiding hand of god.

is that clearer.

#13     Jan 22, 2010
  4. morganist

morganist Guest

good question perhaps the perception of what sounds good or not is in itself intervention. when the sound is nice it creates a mood for you to perform a certain action when the sound is bad it entices you to perform another action.

i admit this is all very what if and perhaps arguments. but you have to admit there is something that is not explainable.

#14     Jan 22, 2010
  5. I have two thoughts.

I think basic music would imitate the heart beat. The rhythm would attract us to the sound.

The second, I'm just guessing, would be Fibonacci sequence in nature. If the patterns are pleasing to the eye in nature perhaps we would find certain music sequences that followed Fib patterns of nature sound good.

Perhaps the pattern of a rose (or whatever) would make a pleasant sounding beat.

You can google Mozart and Fibonacci, to get the picture.

Maybe further on we may associate the pleasantness of the aroma of the rose with the math pattern of the rose, so on and so forth.

Good find on the video.

#15     Jan 22, 2010
  6. morganist

morganist Guest

yeah i have heard something about beating too but in relation to the rhythm of sex a dropped beat. i don't know if there is anything in that.

in relation to fibonacci is that not an omission to the intelligent design theory thus proving my point more so. that there is a set sequence of number we all desire. there is a similar thing to do with 1 - 1.618 with looks. i don't know though my friend studies at harvard and has a friend who studied fibonacci and said it was not in nature at all perhaps he was wrong though.

there is another dimension to the debate now too. what is it that makes a musician come up with those noises. what is the intervention or originating factor that enables people to come up with those pleasing sounds that can influence people. regardless of the reason we like it how can someone make that up and set the standard of the mood. has there been intervention to get someone to play the piano and come up with a sound that is happy when there are world leading deciding on whether to go to war and it changes their mood and prevents it or perhaps the opposite.

is this process a guiding factor in human progression and events. deep i know.

#16     Jan 22, 2010

7. Ok, music with rhythm and harmony have pattern. I hear the pattern. So I can understand this pattern repeat in the song. So maybe this sound is comfort because you can know what is ahead in time. Nothing bad will happen. And maybe this evolve from the animals that become afraid with the sound of thunder. That rhythm of thunder is the warning. And there is time between thunder from one thunder to the next thunder.

#17     Jan 22, 2010
  8. morganist

morganist Guest

it is possible but a little bit far fetched. does thunder have harmony. compare it to the harpsichord music. the complexity goes beyond anything in nature. thank you for your response though.

#18     Jan 22, 2010
  9. morganist

morganist Guest

#19     Jan 22, 2010

10. So many notes, and so beautiful!
    If this is from god to Mozart, then god makes babies retarded too.

#20     Jan 22, 2010