Is IB's data stream down again?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by tortoise, Nov 7, 2007.

1. tortoise

tortoise

My TWS receives no quotes, although a bulletin states that the "problem with US indices have been solved", suggesting that IB's grasp on the rudiments of English grammar is as haphazard as its understanding of the brokerage business.

2. Mine is working fine and has been all day :)

Zen Question: What is the sound of one wanker whinging?

3. Mine has been working fine all day too. What build are you using? If you're using an older build you might want to upgrade.

OldTrader

4. Hello!

Not today.

However TWS only showed up an empty window (no quotes, no toolbars) when I opened it on one day. Scary and frustrating! :(

So far TWS is stable most of the year (there seems to be many instability problems recently). After all IB can't be stable all of the year. That's why we should use more than 1 broker in case of emergency and other purposes. IB will suit well as a backup broker.

5. mokwit

mokwit

You can get the default layout by designating a folder other than c: JTS on the login box when you log in. Also When I open in the Asian morning I get it with no problem. After I re log in after the US midnight shut down I get the no tools no quotes.

IB are apparently aware of the problem but i don't know if they are near a solution or if they are doing anything. I am not trading right now as I have things set a certain way and I can't be bothered to redo everything every day.

6. I'm having problems with the IB datafeed right now as well. The charts don't seem to be updating.

7. What a shame! There is someone in society who feel like insulting and flaming people everyday. He even call an uncivil question a "Zen question". Do you understand what Zen is? Do you have some minimum respect for Zen?

Clearly he considers it a very smart thing to do, and he is very proud of it. This reminds me an Internet legend called The Bus Uncle.

8. mokwit

mokwit

I am also having that problem.

9. Herry,

You've been a whinging wanker from your first few posts - and thick with it. Associating zen with you is very disrespectful to zen so I apologize without reservation to zen.

The same would be true of any association between tortoise and zen.

10. joesan

joesan

Today I found the excecution report of my standalone TWS 878.5 came back very slow, it's scary for scalping. Also there were some pinkouts. I need to wind back TWS on one of my computers to 872.6 tonight, I have never seen slow excecution report on 872.6

#10     Nov 8, 2007