Is IB the cheapest broker for larger investors trading frequently?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by tonyf, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Tradezero_Randy

Tradezero_Randy Sponsor

i can not speak for international . But all US orders in NYSE and NASDAQ regardless of order type are NO commission

#41     Jun 4, 2019
  2. qlai

qlai

What? I don't think Robinhood has this type of restriction.
    @Tradezero_Randy, what happens when my order was a penny below when I sent it but became a match one when it arrived to you? Do you have an option to cancel it back or slide it?

#42     Jun 4, 2019
  3. Tradezero_Randy

Tradezero_Randy Sponsor

We have no restrictions on size of orders . and you control your orders if you want to cancel and move up or down its all fine . If your order doesnt execute right away like i said you can cancel or leave it out or move the price

#43     Jun 4, 2019
  4. Tradezero_Randy

Tradezero_Randy Sponsor

Again there is no share size restriction to trade for no commision , regardless of order size
    https://tradezero.us/freetrades

#44     Jun 4, 2019
    qlai likes this.
  5. Can you elaborate on the revenue structure so I know what's in it for the firm and how will that affect the users

#45     Jun 4, 2019
  6. Have you tried to use US trading platform in Saudi Arabia or China?

#46     Jun 4, 2019
  7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

We have a large number of accounts from China. Saudi Arabia is not a restricted country.

#47     Jun 4, 2019
  8. ETJ

ETJ

Once you get above $5,000,000 in equity the Schwab, Vanguard, and others will go to zero commissions. There are a ton of conditions and limits on frequency, but once you get to that level everything becomes negotiable. I think Vanguard goes to $2 a trade after the first 100 a month. You still pay the clearing and exchange fees.
    Above $10,000,000 they get really interested and will pretty much negotiate anything. Generally no upcharge for phone orders.

#48     Jun 4, 2019
    tonyf and Maverick2608 like this.
  9. I can see that Vanguard goes to USD 2 if you have more than USD 500.000 invested in their ETFs/money market funds.

I wouldn’t expect Vanguard to sell order flow. Does anyone know whether Vanguard sells order flow?

#49     Jun 5, 2019
  10. tonyf

tonyf

Am not sure IB does the same?

#50     Jun 5, 2019