Is IB the cheapest broker for larger investors trading frequently?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by tonyf, Jun 4, 2019.

1. tonyf

tonyf

US Stocks and warrants commission per share is $ 0.002 at IB (2nd tier, where most of the larger day/swing traders would fall).

Everything else on the side (speed, execution, customer service, etc...) can you think of anyone else offering DMA for $0.002 or less per share?

Tony

Pricing structure: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=1590&p=stocks2

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

We can. We can also offer Per Trade rate of $4.50/Trade, max order size of 10,000 shares. If your average order size is more than 2250 shares, that is better than $0.002/share. We can also price active trades at one rate and you do not have to earn that rate each month by starting at a higher rate for the 1st 300K.

https://www.lightspeed.com/pricing/commission/

CaseyB and IAS_LLC like this.
  3. tonyf

tonyf

Thanks but it says 0.0035 for your 2nd tier between 250,000 and 1m shares. Am I missing something here?

And am not sure about other day traders but I am not a fan of pricing per trade as it turns out to be less economical in the long run.

blueraincap likes this.
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I said our per trade rate is better if you trade more than 2250 shares.

If you trade more than 1mm shares a month, our rate is $0.0025/share, min $0.25. That matches the blended rate at IB for 1mm shares and our min is lower.

5. tonyf

tonyf

what about partial fills?

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

You don't get charged per fill- per order.

Buy 5000 GDX 22.35 $4.50, even if you get filled in 100 shares lots, as long as you do not cancel/replace to a new price-that is a new order and that would be another $4.50.

We offer both-but can't choose on not each trade. You have to choose what plan you want.

7. tonyf

tonyf

is a GTC order reset at the end of the day or does it carry to the next day?

Buy 5000 GDX 22.35 $4.50, get filled in 100 shares lots on day 1 and 100 on day 2?

8. tonyf

tonyf

and would you offer a flat $0.00045 per share instead?

9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Good question. I'm not sure. I have never been asked before.

jys78 and CaseyB like this.
  10. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

$0.45/1000-no. You have an extra "0". Our clients can start with a promotion or negotiate a rate based on past volume. Happy to talk to anyone directly. We get a lot of X-IB and TD client move over. It is not just about rates. No automated liquidation, a trading desk you can call or email and a personal rep.

#10     Jun 4, 2019