Is IB that good?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by qdz2, Feb 27, 2003.

1. thanks for letting us take your dough today qdz2:p us manipulators made sure you had all those issues so you couldnt participate in the MONEY...... :p :p :p qdz2:p :p :p

#21     Feb 27, 2003
  2. ghost ...heh heh:p :p :p :p :p :p

#22     Feb 27, 2003
  3. Andre

Andre

I used the IB datafeed through QuoteTracker. I used to have an Ameritrade account, and I used that for QuoteTracker, still trading with IB. The data from Ameritrade was noticeably better. I trade some thinner stocks, and lags to updates in volume and recent activity for some reason seems to be really obvious using IB data. There also seems to be more glitches or hang ups.

This does seem like a common complaint. I know I've seen it mentioned here on ET often. It does seem like something IB could improve on. I don't mind it so much because I'm more of a swing trader, and pennies shouldn't make a difference. But I'm not that good yet, so I too, wish the IB data feed and quotes were better. (Twice today I had an order at market, even below by a penny, not get filled.)

André

#23     Feb 27, 2003
  4. Hubert

Hubert

it will record everting on you screen in real time

i use it for my newsletter it eorks great

good luck

#24     Feb 27, 2003
  5. qdz2

qdz2

okay. whatever you say!

:p

#25     Feb 27, 2003
  6. nitro

nitro

Was it the hind quarters of the horse they were serving you?

nitro

#26     Feb 27, 2003

7. Rumours that my friend and I heard were that the stew manipulators are using the buttocks of the horse. It was the stew manipulators that made me go back time and time again. It was never my fault.

#27     Feb 27, 2003
  8. IB is great but they have some issues that can be very aggravating at times. Manipulation? I think there could be concern for manipulation on IDEAL but not in real markets even though now that I think of it I had a terrible fill with TMBR yesterday (filled at MKT right at the bottom of a quick downside move while my Quote.com quotes showed market 10 cents higher (Live Charts quotes not very reliable of course but TMBR picked up my shares right at the bottom!) .

On IDEAL I have seen some strange things happen and they can really screw you if they want to.

#28     Feb 27, 2003
  9. Catoosa

Catoosa

qdz2:
    I have found RealTick to be very reliable for charts and data. I keep RealTick up and running for quotes and information and use IB and other brokers to place orders. If the quotes on IB do not look right, I can look at the RealTink quotes to place the order; But, most of the time the IB quotes are accurate. The RealTick is $250 a month and you really should have multi monitors to make use of what RealTick has to offer.

Catoosa

#29     Feb 27, 2003
  10. Catoosa

Catoosa

macal425:
    I had to get up and walk to my window and gather myself after reading your post about the "horse meat stew". It made my day and I could not stop laughing. That was great.

Catoosa

#30     Feb 27, 2003