Is IB making mistakes in its commission example table

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Trader_Herry, Aug 14, 2006.

1. How about the weird 0.01 difference of between CME/GLOBEX USD-denominated foreign currencies (under unbundled plan)? Which one is correct - higher or lower one?

#11     Aug 21, 2006
  2. alanm

alanm

It looks like the same problem exists in the logic to bring in the regulatory fees. Should be the lesser value. I'd suggest you ignore the comparison table until it gets fixed, and simply put together the unbundled fees on your own if it really matters.

The unbundled fee to day-trade (i.e. no "overnight" holds) futures contracts as a non-member is ExecutionFee+ClearingFee+ExchangeFee+RegulatoryFee. ExecutionFee and ClearingFee tiers are at http://www.interactivebrokers.com/e...ssionFutures-FOPs.php?ib_entity=llc#unbundled . ExchangeFee and RegulatoryFee are at http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/exchangeAndRegulatoryFees.php?ib_entity=llc .

e.g.: for <= 300 contracts per month of GLOBEX AUD/BRE/CAD/CHF/CZK/EUR/GBP/HUF/JPY/MXP/NOK/NZD/PLN/RUR/SEK/USS/ZAR, the unbundled fees are 0.90+0.30+1.60+0.02=2.82.

For overnights, add $0.10 per night carrying cost (or the values in other currencies shown in the bottom of the unbundled fees table for contracts denominated in those other currencies).

I hope this helps.

If you need more info, I'd suggest searching for IB and unbundled here and on the IB message board - these issues have been asked and answered to death.

#12     Aug 22, 2006
  3. It helps a lot to comfirm that it is their mistakes, not mine.
    Thanks a lot. :)

How come IB doesn't care to correct the mistakes made in the table for long? I don't think editing a webpage is so difficult.

#13     Aug 22, 2006
  4. alanm

alanm

I'm sure they'll fix it now that it's been verified to be wrong.

If the page is not dynamically generated, it may disappear altogether, or a note may be put on it to indicate the date as of which it is accurate.

If the page is dynamically generated, it will probably disappear until someone can fix the logic.

Either way, you have to understand that this must be a relatively low-priority issue. After all, it is simply a nicety that they provide such a comparison at all. Anyone who actually trades will take a few minutes to look at the various rates and decide what's right for them.

#14     Aug 22, 2006