Is IB EDAT?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by martyg, Jul 23, 2001.

1. janko

janko

hey turok- yeah me too - me tooooo
    can you send me an e-mail regarding how to set up the hot keys on ib, i mean i know how, but a nice layout would be cool- i guess one that makes sense- thank you sir
    janko22@yahoo.com

#21     Jul 24, 2001
  2. Turok

Turok

>on this forum, you don't allow us to
    >e-mail thru it

Sorry about that. Didn't realize I had hidden my email address. Should be fixed now.

JB

#22     Jul 24, 2001
  3. Hi Again

You guys can have all the hot keys you want!!!!!!
    I want point and click execution built into my charting program. If you want to fumble around with IB program and dealing with a charting program from a data provider at the same time, enjoy!!! Those seconds you waste is money in my pocket.........................

Sterling

#23     Jul 25, 2001
  4. Turok

Turok

>I want point and click execution

And all those of us with finely tuned hotkeys want you to have your point and click execution, by all means. We hope you never give it up.

<Giggles>

>Those seconds you waste is
    >money in my pocket.

There are no "seconds" in my business...If I see liquidity I want, my order is off to any one of the 7 ECNs in less than a second. (in the case of Island, Redi or INCA, a lot less)

That flashing you see on the inside is me filling my order while you are still trying to get your cursor into position.

JB

PS: I'm a natural born smart ass, but seriously, if point and click works better for you then that is what you should use.

#24     Jul 25, 2001
  5. huby

huby

My .02 cents,

IB has literally saved my trading career. Fast executions and cheap commissions were what took me from a break even trader to a profitable one. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am with IB. (I was actually introduced to them on this board--thanks everyone). There are of course some quirks like people have mentioned. Poor cust. service and no bells and whistles. But to me the advantages far outway the disadvantages.

Not only do I save hundreds of dollars per month in commissions, but I save just as much if not more by having instantaneous executions. All those saved pennies add up by the end of the month. And I'm a small trader (1-400 shares). It still saves me a bundle.

And IB hotkeys absolutely rule! If you trade the same stocks over and over nothing compares to the speed. I have the stocks I trade already pre-loaded and ready to go on two screens. When I want to buy or sell, I simply click the bid/ask and hit my "ESC" key and I'm off to the races. (I adjust share size with my F1 and F2 keys--makes it super fast). I'm in the stock at about the same time I would just be entering the symbol in my Datek account. I trade a lot of calls made in a chatroom I subscribe to and I can literally own the stock in about 2-3 seconds after a call is made. I've never used realtick but as far as everything else goes nothing even comes close to comparing with IB.

Goodluck to everyone.

#25     Jul 25, 2001
  6. Turok

Turok

>My .02 cents,

>IB has literally saved my trading career

Shouldn't that be your .01 cents?

:)
    JB

#26     Jul 25, 2001
  7. Turok

Turok

One of the numerous request for IB hotkey/page setup was from a Mike B.

Mike B. Email sent to you is simply bounced back to me as undeliverable. I will try a few more times and if you don't receive anything you might want to send me another email address or check with your provider.

JB

#27     Jul 25, 2001