Is IB down?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by nravo, Jul 30, 2008.

1. nravo

nravo

Haven't been able to get an account page in TWS for a day via icon or tool bar pull down menu; wird old tech trading charts are opening automatically at start-up, webtrader says server error, chat supprt is clueless, as usual, and it will take 1-3 days for my help ticket to get answered. Just wondering if anyone else is having problems. (IB has been smooth sailing for the past couple months, at least for me. Should have known that it couldn't last.)

2. Tums

Tums

everything working A-OK !

3. rcj

rcj

occasional TWS disconnect, 10 sec to 1 min. been going on since
    last week. Quick flip to other websites were ok.

Tricky... b/c ....
    Windstream ... Im with them - DSL- its been cutting out for several minutes at a time for 4 or 5 days. happens day or nite
    every hr or two.

im sw of houston and sugarland.

PingPlotter is a big help sorting out whats happening.

rj

4. nravo

nravo

Maybe it's just an Asian thing; I am in Sydney. Variety of problems server related, it seems.

5. No problems here, but I did notice that web trader goes right to expired session, and then to server error when I refresh it, if I try to access web trader while still logged in to tws... it might help to try web trader with tws completely closed if you havent done that already.

6. It was off first thing this morning after us close but i think that might be normal. Other than that its been fine all day (hk server, aussie local).

882.5 on java 1.6.0_10rc

7. Working fine here (Europe)

8. nravo

nravo

Must be account-specific problem. Sigh. Will wait for IB Tech Support, I guess, to open. Quite surprised they don't have tech support on chat for Asia, just general support, which I have found to be pretty useless.