Is IB down ?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by taodr, Feb 29, 2008.

1. @##$#@%@#$@#$#!!!!!

#11     Mar 4, 2008
  2. donnap

donnap

Yeah, it looks pretty shaky here. On then off again.

#12     Mar 4, 2008
  3. liulala

liulala

down, no data now

#13     Mar 4, 2008
  4. Just off phone about 20 sec. ago......

all data down, will try to have back up today....

wow, wouldn't that be nice.

#14     Mar 4, 2008
  5. Are you guys whom are having the problems using the web version of IB?

I ask cause I use the stand alone version and I virtually never have any data problems. maybe a few times per year for a total of a few minutes. The only really bad time I can think of is when Globex went down last year. I think it was last year anyway.

#15     Mar 4, 2008
  6. Cesko

Cesko

Not me.

#16     Mar 4, 2008
  7. craigs21

craigs21

Right when the market went fast on the rumors IB blanked some stocks and options. I had positions on the short side and needed to move quick. This is not acceptable.

Does anyone know of a better broker/trading platform?

I am really concerned about this because I know somewhere down the road we are going to have another 1987 type of event. Massive volume and fast markets. I want to trade with someone I can depend on.

IB has been flaky in the evenings (PST) while trading forex. I use the standalone client and it is losing the connection constantly. I know the connection to the internet is good, since I am getting other realtime data.

Thanks,

#17     Mar 4, 2008
  8. I'm going to look at Thinkorswim. I have heard good things about them so far. I trade futures only so I need to see how they are but other folks have said they are pretty good for stocks and options. Always good to have a backup. I'm sure a lot of people lost money because of the outage today. I was lucky but next time maybe not.

#18     Mar 4, 2008
  9. Are these guys for real? Or some intern playing with the system?

To all traders:
    Tue Mar 4 16:48:14 2008 EST

-= System Test =- ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ1234567890!@#$%^&*()abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890!@#$%^&*()
    -= End Test =-

#19     Mar 4, 2008
  10. Making sure their keyboard is fully functional. Nice work IB. Bang up job today.

#20     Mar 4, 2008