Is IB designed to just feed liquidity to Timber Hill?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by jonnysharp, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Options12

Options12 Guest

And bring back disclosure. I want disclosure.

How is it that material information disclosed prior to September 2007 suddenly became no longer necessary to disclose thereafter?

#111     Nov 10, 2011
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Out of curiousity why would you want this? Would you get better execution this way?

#112     Nov 10, 2011
  3. Options12

Options12 Guest

nwwurlmn, you routinely insert yourself into IB discussion threads despite the fact that you recently acknowledged that you don't use IB because you don't like their auto liquidation policy nor their customer service.

You made an informed choice whether or not to use IB. Please let others do the same.

#113     Nov 10, 2011
  4. Depends on what they charge me. Let's say TH offered commission-free trades to hit their venue, I would be hitting them all the time, even at a short-term disadvantage / inefficient price (conceding profit to their market making desk), particularly if my hold time was much longer. Or if TH let me cross with other customers for cheaper, I'd be interested.

It's really a function of cost and hold time.

#114     Nov 10, 2011
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Interesting idea.

RE: Crossing with other customers
    I don't think they are allowed to solicit their customer flow to other customers. At least my broker doesn't allow it, but that could be a business decision rather than a regulatory one.

#115     Nov 10, 2011
  6. Some prop firms allow it if you specify it as part of your routing instructions.

#116     Nov 10, 2011
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I remember RealTick allowed us to route to either the Lehman institutional desk or their electronic market making desk (competitor to timberhill). But that wasn't in a retail setting.

#117     Nov 10, 2011
  8. jayre

jayre

And perhaps they shoudl give you a choice of a "smart without TH" so if someone dosent want to deal with TH they should have the choice as well. Makes sense?

#118     Nov 10, 2011