Is IB completely down now and for more than 30 minutes!!!?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by nravo, Oct 29, 2007.

1. I had expected a higher than expected GDP and it came out so...

I also expect the feds not to move today - against odds....

Why would anybody stay at home in a day like today is so un-trader like....:)

IMO not seen a day as exciting as this in a long time...

Of course IB had to have a hiccup...no biggy...this is a treacherous business by nature..

#81     Oct 31, 2007
  2. IB is auto-collecting your IP adresses...
    And will auto-liquidate your accounts.

#82     Oct 31, 2007
  3. Gustaf

Gustaf

These outages are not for n00b's, only experienced traders that doesnt need handholding will prevail :D

#83     Oct 31, 2007
  4. Bob111

Bob111

no changes. everything same ,as when problems started. long logins,couple short disconnections,one account appears like in my previous screenshot(no buttons or anything,just plain grid).

#84     Oct 31, 2007
  5. sprstpd

sprstpd

See this would be funny if it weren't for the fact that 95% of your posts deal with bashing IB. Have you heard the story about the boy who cried wolf?

#85     Oct 31, 2007
  6. What Bob111 said...kinda flakey just what you want trading the announcement :(

#86     Oct 31, 2007
  7. Bob111

Bob111

after a week-no changes.everything pretty much same.problem with volume(i opened ticket about 3 weeks ago and it's still not even assigned to anyone) still outhere also.take a look on DDIC for example. my TWS shows 517, instead of 51700..

#87     Nov 2, 2007
  8. rayl

rayl

IB does not yet have full redundancy. I do recall on the most recent quarterly conference call hearing something about backup systems -- but didn't jot down the details..... Maybe it's already under way.

During the market stress of August and also of this past Thu, I have found TWS to be 100% responsive and functional, so I don't think there is a capacity issue.

#88     Nov 4, 2007
  9. plugger

plugger

I was running into the exact same problem on Friday. Hope it's corrected by Monday. Keep us posted as to any resolution to this issue.

Frustrating.

#89     Nov 4, 2007
  10. One

One

A couple of quick questions for anyone that might know:

- do the outages effect the browser based system in the same way as the stand alone?

- the announcement mentioned that it effected clients who tried connecting to the data center - could users with stand alone tws choose to not connect to the data center and enter and cancel orders?

- did the outages effect stops or contingent orders that were entered before an outage and held on IB's servers? If so, how can you use an account at another broker to trade or hedge (since you would not know which existing orders at IB are going to execute). Also, in this case who's responsibility is it if an existing, confirmed order, does not execute?

Thanks for any replies.

#90     Nov 4, 2007