Is IB completely down now and for more than 30 minutes!!!?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by nravo, Oct 29, 2007.

1. bluud

bluud

me neither

#11     Oct 29, 2007
  2. nravo

nravo

Five minutes is one thing, but like hours. I think this becomes a regulatory issue. You can't take people's money and then not execute. Class actions have been filed on lesser offenses. The fact that they do not have a back up system is appaling. Lack of redundacy in a broker is malfeasence in my book.

#12     Oct 29, 2007
  3. plugger

plugger

I couldn't add symbols today. Cost me a nice trade. Kinda sucks. Hard enough some days and then have to fight with your trading platform.

#13     Oct 29, 2007
  4. Bob111

Bob111

here is what i got, instead of regular TWS,when i re login after market close.
    i have no idea,what this is and on top of that i have few open orders and they are not shown on pending page.
    on another account TWS looks usual,but on trade reports-not a single execution shown. it's just blank!

#14     Oct 29, 2007
  5. try web trader,it did work for me. i just wanted to check an open order.but then it fukd up.lol

#15     Oct 29, 2007
  6. sprstpd

sprstpd

I've had this problem for a few days now. Try going into your jts/d******* folder and delete the file tws.xml. And then copying maybe Friday's .xml file (tws.Fri.xml) as tws.xml. Then rerun your TWS. It should come up with at least the "File Page Ticker Order Tools..." bar up on top. I can't bring up symbols right now though. Good luck with that.

#16     Oct 29, 2007
  7. You can also use the Restore settings on TWS and choose the day :)

#17     Oct 29, 2007
  8. Gustaf

Gustaf

Thx alot for the restore / move xml thingie..

Now I can work!

#18     Oct 29, 2007
  9. Bob111

Bob111

sure, if you can find restore button(or any button at all) on screenshot :D

#19     Oct 29, 2007
  10. Catoosa

Catoosa

My TWS is still broken. I can replace the tws.xml file with tws.Fri.xml renamed as tws.xml and get TWS to open properly one time but if I then close TWS and log back on to TWS I get the same blank page as before. Can anyone else confirm if their TWS is still broken or is now reopening as it should? This may be on overnight IB fix.

#20     Oct 29, 2007