Is IB completely down now and for more than 30 minutes!!!?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by nravo, Oct 29, 2007.

1. nravo

nravo

This is major. Some regulatory body needs to look at this.

2. cstfx

cstfx

According to server status page:

To all Traders:
    Clients may have problems adding symbols to their workspace, we are working to resolve the problem.
    We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

All other IB sytems are operating normally.

[Mesg Id: 188157]

3. nravo

nravo

Bull. I cant get a portfolio, account information, make ANy trades, much less add symbols. The whole system is shot. If you have limited functionality, feel lucky.

4. Gustaf

Gustaf

I always have IB problems when market is volatile also..

5. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

Mine is working just fine.

6. Mine was fine til I logged out. Now I try to log back in, and you get blank quote pages.

7. According to Tums, I'm completely ignorant of their great system. Therefore, he must be an expert.

Tums shills for IB

So next time you have a problem, be sure to send him a PM.

He's obviously got a line to the man in charge, and he'll straighten it out.

OR ... you could stop trading with such a schlocky unit where someone is on here posting a problem an average of 3 out of 5 trading days per week.

JJ

8. nravo

nravo

Yup, blank pages galore. Thank God there is no crisis in the market today, at least for me. I tried TWS, beta TWS and web trader -- all the same thing. On web trader, it says IB Server error.

9. nravo

nravo

Ok, alternatives to IB? I need cheap price, futures, options and stocks, and access to ASX, the later I could live without, however.

10. OK, honestly?

I only trade futs, and I perfer good service over the lowest commissions, so I can't help you with finding a broker for the cornucopia of products that you want to trade here without some research (and I don't even know what ASX is to be quite honest with you).

But just remeber, "you get what you pay for, and you're lucky to pay in coin" ... so you should take the word "cheap" out of your sentence, otherwise you'll be paying one way or the other.

Good trading,

Jimmy Jam

#10     Oct 29, 2007