Is IB cheating you?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by electron, Nov 6, 2003.

1. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

very unlikely..

why are you talking about your P&L anyway.
    what you should do is to check the daily statement.
    match each open and close for each trade, account for commissions.
    if and only if then it does not match then you have a claim.

of course, I bet you will not see an error there.
    what you will claim then I guess, is that your reported fills are not accurate.
    well.. that would be a different story, but then, you need to ask IB to investigate.
    and anyway, you signed with them that in any case, their confirmed fills (or exchange confirmations) rule, not what was reported by TWS. (it's in the doc and again, you signed it).

my point is, you are making a big claim against IB, without sufficient data brought here to support that claim.
    I am not saying you did not get a bad fill. maybe you did. but at least FIRST check if it is the case with your statement and fills confirmation.
    if you had a bad fill, there is not much you can do about it anyway (ask investigation).

but please, don't claim IB is doing fishy accounting. you make a fool of yourself with hundreds (if not thousands) of IB users here, with thousands of execution and noone having this problem.

(PS : TWS P&L does not include commissions, which will display a difference between ACTUAL P&L and bruto P&L (before comms) )

#11     Nov 6, 2003
  2. I did not lose, I closed my trade sooner than it was warranted by my system because I did not like what I saw in my account. One reason I am a winning trader is because I do not trade when I am not in a good mood. There is nothing funny about it, and if you have nothing to say about the issue, then keep your trap shut!

#12     Nov 6, 2003
  3. Then just figure out EXACTLY what the problem/discrepancy is and take the issue up with them, not here.

Unfortunately most of us do not have permission to redo (add a few zeros) IB's account statements.

After receiving an answer, then let us know.

They've always responded to me in a quick/efficient way.

#13     Nov 6, 2003
  4. this thread !:)

#14     Nov 6, 2003
  5. electron!:D errrr.... QDZ errr..... GordonGekko:p :p

time for yer pill:D :p

#15     Nov 6, 2003
  6. ROFLOL

:D :D :D

#16     Nov 6, 2003
  7. I did double check all the numbers before posting this. I have a Ph.D. in mathematics and I am not a dummy when it comes to numbers. BTW, thanks for all your 'valuable' contributions. Just about what I expected from this crowd.

Now, you can close the thread...

#17     Nov 6, 2003
  8. ktm

ktm

tnteo is right....

You've got nothing to complain about here. You have apparently not even done sufficient research to determine where the error occurred, if there even was an error - much less on IBs part.

These are heavy accusations in a very public forum.

I too have used IB for several years, watch my stuff very closely and can honestly say they have been top notch in terms of accuracy. If there were to be any spade calling - it would certainly happen here.

You need to dig a bit deeper, find the real cause and report back. If it's your error, I would expect an apology to IB and the forum for wasting everyone's time with this. Either way, we'd love to know the outcome.

If we don't hear back from you, we'll understand.

#18     Nov 6, 2003
  9. Htrader

Htrader Guest

This isn't a big deal. Just pull up the past few days of account statements, find out where the discrepancy started and call IB. I'm sure you'll work it out.

#19     Nov 6, 2003
  10. Well, for crying out loud, Docktor, explain in precise detail the discrepancy between your accounting and IB's.

#20     Nov 6, 2003